• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would it cost to grade a 1969 Spectre 10..and any idea of value?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Welcome to the boards.

Based on your one picture I'd guess your Spectre #10 is at best a 5.0.  A 6.0 sold last year for $30. 

My last submission of 25 books cost me $79 Canadian per book.  Shipping costs to Canada are higher than to the USA and the exchange rate also increases my costs.  I typically don't send in a book unless I believe it'll be worth $200 or more after grading.

If you're in the USA it'll cost you less.  $37 to grade a book of that value and era plus a invoice fee plus shipping both ways - shipping has become very expensive.  Pressing is an additional cost if warranted.  I'd suggest that on a financial basis that book just isn't worth getting graded.  If it has sentimental value perhaps it is worth submitting for you.

I'd also like to suggest that you post some of your books in the grading forum.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

One book per thread.  Good pics or scans of the front and back covers plus any close ups of anything out of the ordinary and a few shots of the interior covers and staples.  The boardies who post in that forum are very experienced with CGC's grading and are surprisingly accurate grading from pictures