• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! Kramerica's 2024 Festivus Sale!
12 12

1,920 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2024 at 11:30 AM, lizards2 said:

BenDover

Good friends with Richard Hurtz from Holden?

On 1/27/2024 at 11:45 AM, Kramerica said:

Wasn't he the General up the river in Apocalypse Now who went South? 

Classic flick even though Brando was applauded and chastised for his take on that character. Below from a quick google search but it's as I remember it.

Brando didn’t connect with what Colonel Kurtz looked like in the screenplay and decided to rewrite his entire character from the ground up. Though the original script may have made for an intriguing story, that’s not what Brando had in mind, often talking about reformatting the character in his vision. Though they may not have had time to overhaul the entire story, Brando’s plans for Kurtz came entirely from improvised dialogue, often taken from those rambling tangents that happened to be filmed in between takes. 

Even when hundreds of extras and the entire crew were ready to get down to business, Coppola allowed production to be put on hold so Brando could get into the right headspace for the role. Instead of losing all the excess weight, Brando insisted that his character be cloaked in shadows throughout most of the movie, which only adds to his mystique.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:08 AM, universal soldier said:

@Kramerica still looking at a noonish (PST) start today?

Oh gosh no. Did I say that? :ohnoez:

I was going to do another 4:00-7:00 or maybe 3:00-7:00. I'm taking my Mom to lunch for her Birthday at Noon and I still have a ton of pics to take. Now I'm freaking out :fear:

On 1/27/2024 at 12:18 PM, Kramerica said:

Oh gosh no. Did I say that? :ohnoez:

I was going to do another 4:00-7:00 or maybe 3:00-7:00. I'm taking my Mom to lunch for her Birthday at Noon and I still have a ton of pics to take. Now I'm freaking out :fear:

Happy Birthday Mom!

All good, whatever works best for you. :foryou:

On 1/27/2024 at 9:29 AM, universal soldier said:

Happy Birthday Mom!

All good, whatever works best for you. :foryou:

Thank you! She wants Yolanda's Mexican Food. And then bagels and lox for football tomorrow. She gets everything she wants. I'll see everyone back here at 3:00-ish :headbang:

On 1/27/2024 at 11:31 AM, crassus said:

really really nice pick up on the Avengers 101, I don't collect the title, but almost bought it on principle, a beautiful picture frame, obviously very tightly graded (worship)

Agreed.  I don't focus on Avengers books but I love my Marvel picture frames and more broadly, the "20-Cent" books.

On 1/27/2024 at 8:30 AM, lizards2 said:

BenDover

Had been hesitant to pull that trigger since start of this thread. Thank you for removing the temptation…phew! That said - Dover be lightning quick on that refresh trigger - “RESPECK”

Godzilla #1 CGC 9.6 $250.00 :news: No Longer Available. I had 2nd thoughts

Gojira! I absolutely love the show Monarch: Legacy of Monsters with Kurt Russell....only 1 episode left and I don't want it to end. But hey, then we get Godzilla/Kong: The New Empire in March. The big ol scaly green one (no, not you @lizards2 ) is hotter right now than ever. Minus-one was excellent as well.

IMG_2700.thumb.JPG.39164b7f94b148df592e55acacfc98af.JPG

Edited by Kramerica