• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing insert grade deduction question
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a MJ book missing the order form(half of right page of insert, cut cleanly right at the middle, does not affect story) and am curious how much of a grade hit a book would get for that if I wanted a blue label. Assuming the book was pristine otherwise, how much of a hit? And how would I request blue instead of qualified when submitting? Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @Sebastsk8,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The CGC Comics Guide indicates that a missing coupon or panel would result in a possible grade range of 0.5 to 6.0. However, inserts that were not present for the entire run of the printing, like Mark Jewelers inserts, do not factor into the grade and would not result in a Qualified label. Any issue with the insert would be noted not the label. 

Please note that Universal labels cannot be requested. The Universal label is provided at the discretion of the grading team. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Another quick question, same book...if the 238 had the front part of the tattooz insert stuck to the back of the front cover, would that affect the grade? From what I remember the back of the tattooz insert was like a slick coating and I've seen a few get pressed and not have the proper buffer so it got stuck to the cover. I got one like that, and just curious before I see if I can get someone to get it unstuck without damaging anything.