• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting superman 50 new 52.............FRIED PIE VARIANTS
2 2

30 posts in this topic

I'm really getting the feeling this comic doesn't exist. But here's what I'll do, If anyone can post 1 picture of this comic I will paypal the $50, and well as the sketch variant of chris daughtry' s superman's 50 with just his signature. Have at it.........

ok, I'll up it to $75US. All i need is to see a picture from someone's collection ( and not one pulled from google or other )of 'the sketch variant of superman 50 (FREID PIE VARIANT), and a picture of batman 50 ( NEW 52 ) , sketch variant by chris daughtry, with his signature (only ) on it. graded preferred. have at it. I'm just seeking proof that these comics exist.

On 2/18/2024 at 8:45 PM, Darthvader23 said:

I'm just seeking proof that these comics exist.

Also have you considered what revat suggested and contacting Fried Pie directly to see if they even produced this book? 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:26 PM, revat said:

I would consider emailing "Fried Pie" directly and asking.  They have their own website and email.  I have no idea if Fried Pie still exists, but the staff are listed and you could probably find them on social media and ask too.

I'm not sure its comprehensive, but they seem to show all the variants they have produced on their website. 

On 2/4/2024 at 12:32 AM, revat said:

They make it pretty easy to pick the issue by year when there are multiple search results on cgc census

i suggest doing that

also, did you contact fried pie?

On 2/4/2024 at 11:56 AM, revat said:

I figured I was looking for “fried pie” as it related to comics

So I googled “fried pie comics” understandably geography may get you different results, but this was my top non-sponsored result

https://friedpiecomics.com

It definitely would be worth the effort to hear it directly from them. Unfortunately the books that I am looking for on my list that I am relatively sure do not exist  do not have this option as neither DC nor Marvel kept records on specifics that I would need to definitely say yes or no to the books I have been hunting.  

On 2/18/2024 at 7:10 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Good luck! :wishluck:

I have several books on my lists that I am relatively sure just do not exist.  

And @Darthvader23...if there is anyone who knows superman comics, it is this man @onlyweaknesskryptonite right here! (thumbsu

(I know because I've bugged him enough lol)

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 2/24/2024 at 7:51 PM, Readcomix said:

“Fried Pie Superman 50” turns up nine copies on eBay.

He's looking for a sketch cover version of the fried pie variant for Superman 50.  Which may (or likely does not) exist.

On 2/28/2024 at 8:07 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I too have wondered about the 50 fried pie sketch. So as far as that one goes I really don't have any information other than what others have suggested and try to continue contacting Fried Pie or maybe even the printer or artist (they usually get proof copies of any books produced ) 

The Chris Daughtry was a give away from what I understand.  Here is a screenshot of a post from 2016.

Screenshot_20240228_080058_Facebook.thumb.jpg.e0d4c0bede2dd995c0f9cf2203a1004c.jpgScreenshot_20240228_080105_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d6d63828044e3b06df42884f659c1c08.jpg

I sent the OP this in a message,  but figured I would quote it and post it here as well.