• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting superman 50 new 52.............FRIED PIE VARIANTS
2 2

30 posts in this topic

HEYA GUYS, has anybody see the sketch variant of superman( NEW 52 ) 50 fried pie sketch variant. It links up with batman 50 fried pie sketch variant. The first picture is the combined joint overs , but in colour, but as shown, there is a sketch variant of batman 50, but i have never seen the superman 50 sketch variant. Anyone seen it...............?

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

If you haven't found what you're looking for asking random strangers on the CGC chat boards, I would consider emailing "Fried Pie" directly and asking.  They have their own website and email.  I have no idea if Fried Pie still exists, but the staff are listed and you could probably find them on social media and ask too.

I'm not sure its comprehensive, but they seem to show all the variants they have produced on their website. 

On 1/23/2024 at 2:50 PM, Darthvader23 said:

nope, didnt see anything.

If you're responding to my post, my suggestion was to post your question in those particular forums rather than here, not to just look around in those forums to see if anybody else did. This is a catchall, basic question forum for newbies and does not see as much traffic as others. You're much more likely to find someone who knows about these modern comics in the forum specifically designed for discussion of modern comics. That's where the people who care and know about modern variants hang out.

Understood, so before i post in the wrong section  again.........i should post in 'modern age comic books'. Is this your suggestion? ( but of course, give the section a thorough read through, before i post )

On 2/3/2024 at 3:00 AM, Darthvader23 said:

should i not be able to locate this comic through the cgc census......i type in 'superman 50' and everything with superman comes up.......any suggestions?

They make it pretty easy to pick the issue by year when there are multiple search results on cgc census

i suggest doing that

also, did you contact fried pie?

I figured I was looking for “fried pie” as it related to comics

So I googled “fried pie comics” understandably geography may get you different results, but this was my top non-sponsored result

On 2/4/2024 at 12:38 AM, Darthvader23 said:

I looked for fried pie....couldn't find anything related to comics, only food. could you post a link? thanks

https://friedpiecomics.com

Ok, I've tried several times, and keep getting results of 'comic dosent exist' .Can somebody on my behalf to try to locate a 'new 52, batman 50 fried pie sketch variant on the cenus. I'm probably doing it wrong ( which is probably a high chance ). Could someone spend 20 seconds of they're day searching for this comic on the census at let us know if there are any results. Thanks in advance,

On 2/15/2024 at 5:47 AM, GawkHawk said:

Is this what you're looking for?  Scroll down a bit and the Fried Pie and the sketch variant are both listed.

https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Batman&issue=50&publisher=D.C.+Comics&year=2016&issuedate=5/16

At some point the OP confused the issue, he’s actually looking for Superman not Batman

also, to the OP: I don’t know you’re doing it, but don’t include “new 52” in your cgc census search terms

BIG THANKS to @GawkHawk. < though running through the list , and to my surprise , it did showcase a 'poly bagged'( which all Chris daugtrey issus 50' were released as and it states there is a  signature edition graded at a 9.4 ( which showcases the comic existing, though i'd ideally love to see a photo. Is there anyway possible to have a visual of this comic through CGC?  Could you do the same to superman 50, it at all @GawkHawkbe muchly appreciated.

Edited by Darthvader23

Actually, dont worry @GawkHawk, by some dome luck, I found it, and proves ( by at least CGC, they have no graded comics of the superman 50, fried pie sketch variant ), doesn't mean it still doesn't exist, but definitely is pointing that way....https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Superman&issue=50&publisher=D.C.+Comics&year=2016&issuedate=5/16