• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED -- Charlton Romance — Joe Sinnott’s Personal Copies
7 7

290 posts in this topic

Before I forget ….. FREEBIES! 

Joe had about a half a short box of complimentary copies of these two books that he drew, and I got a handful with the Charlton Romance personal archive, so I am passing them along as freebies here. They are not signed but they are beautiful comp copies Joe had received. I have six Mother Theresa and four Pope John Paul II — your choice, one to each purchaser in the thread, if you like, while supplies last. 

IMG_0615.jpeg

On 1/21/2024 at 10:40 PM, Readcomix said:

Cynthia Doyle Nurse in Love #67 — structurally Fine or better but some inside cover tanning. Fully supple. eBay asks in VG range are crazy in the $80s.  Another census ghost; 3x signed. Let’s say $50.

IMG_0490.jpeg

IMG_0491.jpeg

IMG_0492.jpeg

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0494.jpeg

:takeit:

On 1/22/2024 at 1:52 PM, Dr. Love said:

that is very much appreciated

Thank you @Dr. Love and please chime in with insights here. Part of getting them was agreeing to share them among other collectors. I’m sure Joe would want them in many hands as well, spread among those of us who love comics. But by picturing everything in the thread including my keepers we will have a record of his full body of his Charlton work preserved even though the books are disseminated.

On 1/22/2024 at 4:19 PM, Readcomix said:

Thank you @Dr. Love and please chime in with insights here. Part of getting them was agreeing to share them among other collectors. I’m sure Joe would want them in many hands as well, spread among those of us who love comics. But by picturing everything in the thread including my keepers we will have a record of his full body of his Charlton work preserved even though the books are disseminated.

Hi Gene---I know you have done some war and romance here...Did Joe  have an FF collection of his work???....I just saw his name on a FF 47 while leafing thru it...

On 1/22/2024 at 5:35 PM, rdp collectibles said:

Hi Gene---I know you have done some war and romance here...Did Joe  have an FF collection of his work???....I just saw his name on a FF 47 while leafing thru it...

Hi Dennis,

Yes, to my knowledge he tried to keep a copy of everything. But I think the family still has all the Marvel books. I can double-check but that’s what I recall being told.
If you mean you saw a signed FF 47, it’s most likely a copy he signed at a show. 

On 1/22/2024 at 4:41 PM, Readcomix said:

Hi Dennis,

Yes, to my knowledge he tried to keep a copy of everything. But I think the family still has all the Marvel books. I can double-check but that’s what I recall being told.
If you mean you saw a signed FF 47, it’s most likely a copy he signed at a show. 

no, it wasn't signed....this sounds like a multi-year project for you....

On 1/22/2024 at 6:57 PM, rdp collectibles said:

no, it wasn't signed....this sounds like a multi-year project for you....

I don’t think that’ll be the case, but I’m grateful to be able to have some of his books for my collection, and to be able to share a couple discrete, complete subsets of his work (Archie, Charlton) on the boards. I’m sure I’ll see a chance at some more material, but not years’ worth.

High School Confidential Diary #1 — probably lower end of VG. This is an odd one to price. There’s a decent looking raw VG range with staining on eBay for $35. Another raw VG sold there for $99.99. And the 8.5 highest graded (of the two on census) sold on HA in Feb 2023 for $94. Not a common book, I guess. Let’s put Joe’s 2x signed VG somewhere in the middle.

$60

IMG_0517.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg