• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of Sandman Page #72 Page 1
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone could give their ballpark estimate on the attached sketch of Page 1 of Sandman issue 72.

It has a an overlay on it that is not attached which has the other additions for the layout.

I love the art and originally bought it for that, not to sell. However some money is going to have to be set aside for medical reasons and I may be need to put health over art. I've been into comics since I was a kid but have only once sold a lot of doubles 1 time in my life. Thanks

PXL_20240120_204120660~2.jpg

Alex Johnson has a really good list of how to value your art.  It's pinned on the boards here somewhere.  Sandman has been on a roll recently on Heritage, with earlier pages bringing from around $2K to astronomical numbers.  There are two Zulli pages with the new Sandman coming up for auction on March 14, which should give you a solid idea.  Pluses to this page - Title page and its the original series.  Zulu's pencils are always beautiful.  However, it is later in the run, it's a set up shot, and there are no characters or dialog. (It is a beautiful page, though).  My guess, would be in the 2-3K range.

On 1/22/2024 at 2:05 PM, Aahz said:

Alex Johnson has a really good list of how to value your art.  It's pinned on the boards here somewhere.  Sandman has been on a roll recently on Heritage, with earlier pages bringing from around $2K to astronomical numbers.  There are two Zulli pages with the new Sandman coming up for auction on March 14, which should give you a solid idea.  Pluses to this page - Title page and its the original series.  Zulu's pencils are always beautiful.  However, it is later in the run, it's a set up shot, and there are no characters or dialog. (It is a beautiful page, though).  My guess, would be in the 2-3K range.

I dont know if those pages will be a good barometer since they are coming from Neil Gaiman's Personal collection.

Two consecutive panel pages by Zulli sold on ComicLink in 2018 for $1,927 and $1,578 (Sandman #71). The page after sold long before on Heritage (2013) for $1,135.

image.png.5a4399d0c32d4d8e4fe0d0dd2ab64614.png.  image.png.c2cfc6f6fc01e7b010e7e2ab39dd2d36.png   image.png.3b401469fe51d3596f6e3d34dca582b6.png

Another page sold on Anthony Snyder's website - also in 2018 - for $1,250 (#73).

image.png.c9ff248913160fc5a430c381d5dbc7d0.png

Sandman #72 page 3 was listed for sale at $5,000 on Scott Eder's website (once again in 2018). Much nicer than the previous ones, but I can't tell if someone bought it at this price.

image.thumb.png.4ded688660684bea1b6189e63499a358.png

Edited by NicoV