• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm drawn to Marvel Twenty Centers. Show me your cool ones
3 3

128 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2024 at 10:33 AM, jcjames said:

I wanted to fill in the blanks with #6 & #7, but then I saw they don't fit.

It's funny how GR #6 & #7 are 25cents, then they go back to 20 cents.

Two different titles.  The character first appeared in Marvel Spotlight #5 and up to Spotlight #11, all 20 centers.  In ish #12 the title was turned over to Son of Satan, as Ghostrider was given his own title.  The first five issues of Ghostrider were also 20 centers, before the price raise began with Ghostrider #6.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:51 AM, namisgr said:

Two different titles.  The character first appeared in Marvel Spotlight #5 and up to Spotlight #11, all 20 centers.  In ish #12 the title was turned over to Son of Satan, as Ghostrider was given his own title.  The first five issues of Ghostrider were also 20 centers, before the price raise began with Ghostrider #6.

Ah, gotcha. They way they were grouped in the pic, I forgot they were not all the same run. 

On 1/26/2024 at 12:09 PM, comic_memories said:

Agree. They are awesome! Great artists and a peak time for Marvel covers in the early 70's with Kane and Romita leading the way.

Since were talking about MTU.  Why isn't there a MTU thread? Or is there?

On 1/26/2024 at 7:23 PM, Westy Steve said:

I gotta say, I’m not a big fan of Ghost Rider necessarily, but the covers are always spectacular bursts of color.  

Same boat. I even owned a few but couldn't get past the 1st app, just too much quiji board type stuff going on to promote it or feel satisfied. It has since caused me to avoid some other titles of the same origin, while I own things like sandman and or other, it is with a personal story to the book; description of the True supernatural with Christ in my registry description. If it isnt as blatent or posed as an option, well it is fiction, but I've still seen too much in my life to live like i play with fire lol

This day and age that may seem extreme, but "horror" as some people call it, doesn't float a lot of peoples boat. I guess I could leave it as simple as that, time will tell, while I agree the allure of the cover once hit the spot!

I guess I'm not 15 years old anymore lol @Westy Steve I realize that may have seemed tmi, and typing watching wrestling I'm all thumbs. Still I share the sentiment, of they "look vibrant"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM