• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got part of my submission from Comic Con back - and there's a problem

3 posts in this topic

Not sure where I should go with this, but I submitted 7 books for grading at the Motor City Comic Con on November 11th, 2023.

I submitted ALL of the books to be pressed and graded - 4 normal submissions, and 3 that I had signed at the convention.

I still haven't heard anything back from my 4 normal submissions, and just received the 3 that were submitted for the Signature Series.

Two of the sig series books I received were correct, but one of them was not (Superior Spider-Man #1 Skottie Young variant).  While at the Motor City Comic Con, I had it signed by Ryan Stegman.  When I was submitting it for grading, the facilitator at the booth told me he was going to the LA Comic Con and could also get Skottie Young and Dan Slott's autographs on it.  I thanked him for that, told him I'd do it, and paid for the 2 additional autographs.

The book I received only has ONE signature on it, and it's not Ryan Stegman (which I personally got on November 11th).  So, this isn't the same book, and it is missing 2 autographs that I paid for.

This is only the 2nd time I have submitted books to CGC.  Both of them were at booths at the Motor City Comic Con, and both times I have been screwed (the first time was Amazing Spider-Man #129 that I had Gerry Conway sign, then the facilitator got tape stuck to my cover, which as you know resulted in a lower grade).

For this submission, I definitely do NOT have the book I submitted, and am still missing 4 books (2 of pretty high value).

Where do I go from here?  Help, please!

Update:  I'm getting a refund on the 2 sigs that are missing.  The facilitator from the Comic Con has been pretty helpful.  He reminded me that Stegman was already gone and he was going to get the sig at the other convention (I totally forgot he left early).  Just goes to show that you should get the sigs when you can!

Apparently the other 4 books that were in for pressing were finished last week and are now in to get graded.  I still don't see those in my CGC account, though.