• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Westfield Comic Boxes...
14 14

323 posts in this topic

Being a big fan of Frank Miller's groundbreaking work on Daredevil and Batman, and separately an admirer of old Hollywood film noir, I eagerly ordered each issue of Miller's various Sin City series.   Seeing this color cover makes me pine for a Sin City series with full color interiors.  Most of them were black and white with the heavy shadowing of film noir, though there were sometimes small bits of color introduced with great effect.  I thought the two Sin City movies did a great job of capturing Miller's creative moody layouts from the comics... 

mar 2000 3.jpg

Weird War Tales #1 was one of my earliest graded comic acquisitions... an old label CGC 9.6 purchased in 2002.  At the time it was the only 9.6 and highest graded copy.  I thought it was a great acquisition as the deep black cover would make super high grade copies difficult to come by.  I see today there are actually 16 9.6s on the census and even six 9.8s!  Oh well, so much for scarcity.  Though maybe I can crack, press and resub it for a 9.8?... it's such a beautiful copy. hm

Anyway, March 2000 brought us another Weird War Tales #1...

mar 2000 4.jpg