• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Westfield Comic Boxes...
12 12

197 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2024 at 11:21 PM, Lightning55 said:

I'm a little confused (as usual).  If these are hoarded boxes you are now just opening, how are you showing the comics as graded?  Are the box photos with the raw comics from an earlier time?

Sorry, let me clarify.  I opened the first box three or four months ago and have been taking photos as I go along with this eventual thread in mind.  Books that I think are good for grading I put aside and once I get to about twenty of those, I send them in.  So it's kind of a rolling process that I actually started a few months ago after my 60th birthday.  Think I've opened eight or nine boxes to date... it's totaled about 500 comics... close to sixty I've viewed as grading candidates.  There are twenty sitting at CGC as we speak and I have another group that should be going out soon.  I've also bagged and boarded all the raw.

Edited by EastEnd1

As a Baby Boomer, I'm a BIG Superman fan.  My whole journey into comics came from watching the old George Reeves Superman tv series every afternoon after school as a kid.  And to me, no actor has ever captured the essence of a superhero on screen better than Christopher Reeve in the first two Superman films.  I'm sure I was pretty giddy to see in the catalog that my favorite hero was going to be taking on The Terminators in this upcoming Dark Horse / DC collaboration... though I'm sure I thought at the time that it really wouldn't be a fair fight since Superman could simply throw them all into the sun!      

feb 2000 10.jpg

feb 2000 10a.jpg