• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tips for Using Erasers
4 4

51 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2024 at 2:24 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

But, but that was the joke. You explained my joke bro! :facepalm: :grin:

Sadly, there are videos out there that detail how to clean a book with a magic eraser. 

On 2/1/2024 at 1:45 PM, MAR1979 said:

You think this bad for Joey and other pro's...Well I have several friends I grew up with that are Medical Dr's. All possess multiple board accreditation and 20+ years experience. Each of them has told me that patients come in after using google or reddit for 5 minutes outright stating they know as much or more than them and then proceed to dictate what the Dr's need to do. 

They told me it's more prevalent in the 40 and under demo...

I work in the medical field with many brilliant doctors, nurses and pharmacists. They get a good chuckle when I try to talk medicine with them. 

Taking it back to Joey's first post, we can all read and Google and study, but nothing replaces experience. Practice on junk books is the best advice. And if your a doctor Practice on junk people. 

On 1/27/2024 at 8:49 AM, Dr. Love said:

Sometimes I smudge the room with sage.  It's a little out there, but who knows what really works and what doesn't?  I wish there was an expert to ask, though.  That would be helpful.

Agreed. We need an experienced, well known and highly respected conservator of comic books to step in and possibly offer a critique! :angel:

On 1/27/2024 at 10:14 AM, Dr. Balls said:

That reply to Joeypost, of all people. :facepalm:

He gave you a tip: work on beaters. Here's another tip: be gracious in replies on your posts, even when you don't feel like it. Goes a long way, especially when asking a group to part with their information they gleaned from practicing. On beaters.

I asked for tips on technique. Not tips on what I should work on. I never said I didn't appreciate the response. I just want to stay in subject