• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F.F. #64 Thoughts on this one.
1 1

2 posts in this topic

This is a classic example of buying a book, without doing a complete page count, many years ago. Going through these books again and found this. :deadhorse:

At first glance this book looks like an easy 9.0, but out of the Mylite tells a different story.

Back cover has an area between the spine and word text, about 4" long that looks like some type of scuff or something. See pic.

The last eight pages have a tear on the top edge, starting in the middle of the book about 1.25", going down to about .5" on the last page.:frustrated:

F.F. 64 1.jpg

F.F. 64 2.jpg

F.F. 64 3.jpg

F.F. 64 4.jpg

F.F. 64 5.jpg

Edited by DR.X

5.6/6.0 now maybe? CGC doesn't make standard for internal tears are. I just got back a UK magazine at 8.5 with the four most inner wraps detached & split. I could only rationalize this as a production problem b/c I don't see how it would have happened with normal handling without damaging other parts of the book. The notes don't give insight into this though. I only mention it as an example where the insides have a much less significant impact that the outsides. If it was the cover, I'd wager my book would have been ~4.5. The BC problems depends on what it is. It sort of looks like a tape pull. Could have been any kind of adhesive that took some of the surface material off? I'd have to look at it in-hand & probably still wouldn't be sure. As a proxy again, I have a book with two descent size tape pulls on the back (one of my first submissions & on me for not paying attention) that is a 7.0. A similar or greater affected total area. So two noticeable defects combined is where my uncertain guess comes from.