• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you consider high grade for your collection?

74 posts in this topic

I like to have high grade slabs....seems to me if you're buying a GRADED comic, you would want the nicest one you can afford. If I buy a comic to read, I just want it to be intact so I can read it. maybe I'm wrong, but that's how i see it.

That Calvin and Hobbes cartoon is hilarious...

For my Wonder Woman Vol I - Bronze and silver age (post 1960) - highest grade available. For Golden Age and Silver age (pre 1960) - 8.0 and above.

For Wonder Woman Vol II - 9.8 and higher.

For Ultimate Spider-Man - 9.8 and higher. makepoint.gif

calvin5.jpg
I guess my 9.2's are dirt now.................I love The calv & thumbsup2.gifhobs ,but get fuzzy has been rockin........... thumbsup2.gif

i borrowed that from FFB and used it as my Sig line (tongue in cheek) for a while.

what' s old is new again..................... thumbsup2.gif

There are so anal people on here!!!

8.0 for early SA

9.0 for late SA

9.2-9.4 for Bronze

9.6 for Modern

Jealous........... wink.gif

No, it just shows i'm not obsessed!!! poke2.gif

Even if I won the lottery, I still think I would buy most of the issues that I have bought already.

So are you telling me that if you won the Powerball lottery, you would buy all those FF issues listed in your in the same grades or would you by 9.4's or above?

It is not obsession, it is preference and collecting style. Simply stated, I can afford the 9.4's to 9.8's that I can collect( depending on the time of year." I like them for personal preference and investment reasons. It is also a matter where you put your money - I am not married, no kids, and relatively low expenses. Without me knowing you, you probably are married and have different expenses. I think if you could easily afford to buy nicer issues, you would too.

If I won Powerball, there's a lot more I would do with the money before buying high grade comics.

1962 and earlier - cgc7.5

1963-cgc 8.5

1964-cgc 9.0

1965-cgc 9.2

1966-cgc 9.4

1967 and above- cgc 9.6

Keep in mind that I'm definitely working on a budget and that has a dramatic effect on my expectations.By the way,were there any Kirby Challengers Of The Unknown in the Syd's Luncheonette collection?GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

On the average it costs and extra 15-20k per kid a year

Oddly enough, that is exactly what I average per year on comics. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

so your comics are your kids! acclaim.gif

And once you've purchased them, they're low maintenance...

I plan to encapsulate my children and store them in boxes, so the maintenance will be the same one way or another.