• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you consider high grade for your collection?

74 posts in this topic

Being an oddball collector and not a full run guy, if its slabbed, I would prefer a 9.2 with great overall eye appeal/structure as opposed to a 9.4/9.6 that makes you say UGGHH when you look at it.

As for Raw, when I buy in person, I try to pick VF and up in bunches when given the opportunity.

For me FINE is fine....everything higher I don't need and often trade down.

If I can't take it to bed and read without worrying I'm losing $10.00 per page I'm turning then it's not for me confused-smiley-013.gif

When i first started collecting again about 3 years ago, vf was high grade for me. Recently, i have adjusted that to vf/nm and am becoming more and more particular about pq and qp. A book that is a little lower grade structurally, but has nice pages and good inks and gloss will win out over a higher structural grade minus those characteristics though.

9.0 for keys issues

9.2 for 60's

9.4 for 70's

The last 2 I have been using for the JLA run I'm working on. The first one is for spendy keys, but they must have good centering and PQ. Now that the marvels are gone though, I don't have a book below VF/NM 9.0. And, I read every single one of them in one form or another.

9.0s are acceptable for my raw collection.

9.4s for my CGC 100 pagers, DC Specials, and Super DC Giant runs

9.6s for my Swamp Thing and Specture Adventure CGC run

Notwithstanding above statement, 8.5s for romance 100 pagers

My collection goes to 11 insane.gif