• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Xmen 1

2 posts in this topic

I have one comic book, xmen 1 1963.  I have had it for many years, but have decided to sell it.  I know it has restoration, but I don't know any specifics (other than it is not a facsimile cover). The comic presents well, but a few of the interior pages have detached.  And it has a small piece missing from the back cover.

Is it worth sending in for further restoration?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Also, if I sell as is (guessing a 1.5 or 2 restored, but looks much nicer), what would be fair price to ask?

Xmen1_restored_front.jpg

Xmen1_restored_back.jpg

I wouldn’t advise any additional restoration. I think it would be worth sending to cgc for grading as it is, they will identify what if any restoration has already been done to the book. After that you can come back here for an estimated value on the market.  Things like tape is not considered restoration from cgc.  Right now your images are not clear enough or large enough for me to gauge restoration.