• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 129
1 1

4 posts in this topic

So many defects. This is a very well read book. Looks like it traveled the world! Cover is half detached at the top staple in the front. Is still attached to the back. Top staple is rusted. Staining throughout the book. Dead mold on front and back covers. Where does the grade lie…It’s like a bad homework assignment. Thanks for everyone’s best guess!

IMG_4998.jpeg

IMG_4999.jpeg

IMG_5001.jpeg

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5003.jpeg

IMG_5004.jpeg

IMG_5005.jpeg

IMG_5006.jpeg

IMG_5007.jpeg

IMG_5008.jpeg

IMG_5009.jpeg

IMG_5010.jpeg

IMG_5011.jpeg

IMG_5012.jpeg

IMG_5013.jpeg

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

GD- 1.8 to GD 2.0

2.0 GOOD (GD):  Back to Top
Shows substantial wear; often considered a "reading copy." Cover shows significant wear and may even be detached. Cover reflectivity is low and in some cases completely absent. Book-length creases and dimples may be present. Rounded corners are more common. Moderate soiling, staining, discoloration and foxing may be present. The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square, although some Silver Age books such as 1960s Marvels have had the price corner box clipped from the top left front cover and may be considered Good if they would otherwise have graded higher. Tape and other forms of amateur repair are common in Silver Age and older books. Spine roll is likely. May have up to a 2" spine split. Staples may be degraded, replaced or missing. Moderate staple tears and stress lines may be present, as well as rust migration. Paper is brown but not brittle. Centerfold may be loose or detached. Moderate interior tears may be present.

I totally understand those that would keep it raw, but I'd still slab it for posterity.  There are tons of ways to read this book without having to use the original.  My 2 cents.  I wish it was mine.