• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Short Stack of High-Grade Carl Barks and Walt Kelly CGC Books + 1930s Comic Pinbacks (CLOSED)
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I've been upgrading books for some of my Barks/Kelly runs, and I wanted to offer my duplicates here on the boards. 

Thanks,
Mark

General Rules

No PL/HOS members.  The first "take it" posted in the sales thread wins. If we reach a deal via PM, you need to post "take it" in the sales thread.  If someone else takes the book in the thread before you, the earliest thread poster is the winner.

Payment

I accept PayPal, personal checks, and money orders for total sales under $1000.  I only accept personal checks or money orders for total sales above $1000.  When the thread is over, an invoice will be sent with payment instructions. Payment required within 10 calendar days of invoice or the item will be available for sale again.

Shipping

USA: You pay exact cost of USPS priority postage with signature required.  Canada: You pay exact cost of FedEx delivery. Insurance is optional but encouraged and at your cost.

Returns/Refunds

I will accept returns on raw books and pinbacks within 30 days of your receipt, as long as items are returned to me in the same condition as I shipped.  There are no returns on CGC graded books. If you need more pictures, just let me know.

About Me

I've been collecting comics books since the early 1980s.  Expanded my collecting to original comic art in the 1990s.  I'm also crazy about platinum and golden age comic-related memorabilia: pinbacks, premiums, posters, advertising, toys, books, etc.  eBay handle is lansdown.  4500+ feedback since 1998 with no negatives.  I have had successful transactions on the CGC boards with @Ricksneatstuff  @goldenacase  @ft88  @Frisco Larson  @eyersman  @jbpez  @westform  @Eric10  @TC33  @Obrie2tm  @thejudge01  @Readcomix  @N e r V  @50YrsCollctngCmcs and more.  I also run a website where I document some of my vintage comic pinback collection:  www.pinbacks.com

Edited by mlansdown
Corrected links.

I'll start the thread with a few books from one of my favorite titles.  My Dad bought me Uncle Scrooge comics (Gold Key reprints) when I was young, which directly led to my lifelong obsession with comic books, collecting, and capitalism.  This is one of my Dad's proudest parenting achievements.

Animal Comics is a title that I've been collecting for a lot of years - and they are tough to find in grade!  

Here is a nice Animal Comics #16 CGC 8.0 with a gorgeous Walt Kelly cover offered at $200.  

Animal Comics 16 CGC 8.0 CR-OW.jpg

Animal Comics 16 CGC 8.0 CR-OW (Back).jpg

Next on the list are a pair of Our Gang books that feature Kelly and Barks art.  I also have some higher-grade raw books from this title available for sale.  If these two books get any interest, I will be happy to list the raw books as well.

Finally,  I am offering two books from Pogo Possum, a title that showcases more incredible Walt Kelly art and stories.  This is another series where I have lots of higher-grade raw books available for sale.  Reach out if you want me to list them.

And just for fun, I thought I would also offer some vintage comic pinbacks.  If you are interested in this type of material, please check out my pinbacks website (www.pinbacks.com) where I document nearly a thousand vintage comic pinbacks from my personal collection.

Mickey Mouse Boston Sunday Advertiser - 1930s Lithograph (Painted Metal) - Higher-grade example of this uncommon pinback - Reverse has some discoloration. $100
Sears Mickey Mouse Club - 1930s Celluloid - Great cross-promotional pinback - Excellent color and centering - High grade. $100
Mickey Mouse Club - 1930s Celluloid - Classic club promotion - Hairline celluloid crack across Mickey's body - No backpaper. $25
Mickey Mouse Club - 1930s Celluloid - Classic orange graphics - Great color and centering - No backpaper. $100
Mickey Mouse - No Logo - 1930s Celluloid - Offered with subscription of Mickey Mouse Magazine - Very Fine with Backpaper. $85
Mickey Mouse Skiing - 1930s Lithograph - Light scratch across Mickey's body - Rare in this high-grade condition - Promotion for Mickey Mouse Gloves and Mittens - No backpaper. $200
Donald Duck Wanna Fight - 1930s Celluloid - Very rare long-billed Donald - Great color and centering - High grade with backpaper. $500
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters Eat Friehofer's Perfect Loaf - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - High grade example with no backpaper. $50
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters I Eat N.B.C. Bread - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - High grade example with backpaper. $75
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters Hall's Gold Prize Bread - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - High grade example with backpaper.  $75
Pinocchio Pinback - 1940s Celluloid - Toy store premium - Light stains at 3:00, otherwise nice. $15
Snow White Jingle Club - 1930s Celluloid - Club premium - High grade example with backpaper. $25
Mickey Mouse Good Teeth - 1930s Celluloid - American Dental Association Premium - Very high grade with backpaper. $125
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters Eat More Sherlocks Bread - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - Reds have faded - Has backpaper.  $25
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters Eat Sweaney's Butter Krust - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - Uncommon imprint - High grade example with backpaper.  $95
Mickey Mouse Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Key of the set - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $350
Minnie Mouse Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Key of the set - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $350  SOLD
Felix the Cat Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Semi-key of the set - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $200
Dan Dunn Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $85
Wimpy Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $125
The Phantom's Club Member - 1940s Celluloid - Scarce Australian Pinback - Very light stains - No backpaper as issued - Great color and centering. $150
Superman Muscle Building Club - 1954 Lithograph - Included with child's exercise set - Higher grade with a few light scratches. $100
Shield G-Man Club - 1943 Celluloid - Famous comic club premium - No backpaper as issued - Near Mint. $250
D. Tracy and Orphan Annie - 1930s Celluloid - Genung's Department Store Premium - One of the rarest comic character buttons - Near mint with backpaper. $600
The Lone Ranger - 1950s Celluloid - Used to promote sales of U.S. savings bonds - Gorgeous color and no backpaper as issued. $35

CGCPinbacksSale2.jpg

On 2/11/2024 at 6:01 PM, mlansdown said:

Mickey Mouse Boston Sunday Advertiser - 1930s Lithograph (Painted Metal) - Higher-grade example of this uncommon pinback - Reverse has some discoloration. $100
Sears Mickey Mouse Club - 1930s Celluloid - Great cross-promotional pinback - Excellent color and centering - High grade. $100
Mickey Mouse Club - 1930s Celluloid - Classic club promotion - Hairline celluloid crack across Mickey's body - No backpaper. $25
Mickey Mouse Club - 1930s Celluloid - Classic orange graphics - Great color and centering - No backpaper. $100
Mickey Mouse - No Logo - 1930s Celluloid - Offered with subscription of Mickey Mouse Magazine - Very Fine with Backpaper. $85
Mickey Mouse Skiing - 1930s Lithograph - Light scratch across Mickey's body - Rare in this high-grade condition - Promotion for Mickey Mouse Gloves and Mittens - No backpaper. $200
Donald Duck Wanna Fight - 1930s Celluloid - Very rare long-billed Donald - Great color and centering - High grade with backpaper. $500
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters Eat Friehofer's Perfect Loaf - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - High grade example with no backpaper. $50
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters I Eat N.B.C. Bread - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - High grade example with backpaper. $75
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters Hall's Gold Prize Bread - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - High grade example with backpaper.  $75
Pinocchio Pinback - 1940s Celluloid - Toy store premium - Light stains at 3:00, otherwise nice. $15
Snow White Jingle Club - 1930s Celluloid - Club premium - High grade example with backpaper. $25
Mickey Mouse Good Teeth - 1930s Celluloid - American Dental Association Premium - Very high grade with backpaper. $125
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters Eat More Sherlocks Bread - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - Reds have faded - Has backpaper.  $25
Mickey Mouse Globe Trotters Eat Sweaney's Butter Krust - 1930s Celluloid - National bakery advertising campaign - Uncommon imprint - High grade example with backpaper.  $95
Mickey Mouse Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Key of the set - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $350
Minnie Mouse Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Key of the set - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $350  SOLD
Felix the Cat Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Semi-key of the set - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $200
Dan Dunn Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $85
Wimpy Evening Ledger Comics - 1930s Celluloid - Newspaper Promotion - Beautiful color and very high grade with backpaper. $125
The Phantom's Club Member - 1940s Celluloid - Scarce Australian Pinback - Very light stains - No backpaper as issued - Great color and centering. $150
Superman Muscle Building Club - 1954 Lithograph - Included with child's exercise set - Higher grade with a few light scratches. $100
Shield G-Man Club - 1943 Celluloid - Famous comic club premium - No backpaper as issued - Near Mint. $250
D. Tracy and Orphan Annie - 1930s Celluloid - Genung's Department Store Premium - One of the rarest comic character buttons - Near mint with backpaper. $600
The Lone Ranger - 1950s Celluloid - Used to promote sales of U.S. savings bonds - Gorgeous color and no backpaper as issued. $35

CGCPinbacksSale2.jpg

So cool. Makes me almost want to buy duplicates!