• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Cast Announced - Did They Get It Right? And Now (4/4)... Shalla-Bal?
2 2

83 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2024 at 11:53 PM, PetuniaGrimm said:

I think Pascal is great, I've liked him in everything I've seen. 
I'm fine with it. 
Excited for the movie

Good actor, not sure about casting him as Richards.

On 2/14/2024 at 5:53 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Good actor, not sure about casting him as Richards.

I like the idea of a great actor in the part even if he isn't exactly right age wise and what not.
Samuel Jackson was a fabulous Nick Fury, and Hugh Jackman was great as Wolverine. 
A good actor can really make the character their own. 

I'm mostly okay with the casting. I would have preferred a more believable college football star type for Ben, but all in all, it could've been much worse. As I said in the other thread though, I hope Pedro at least starts the film with no beard.

Until they can produce a decent looking Galactus = zzz

On 2/14/2024 at 6:53 PM, PetuniaGrimm said:

I think Pascal is great, I've liked him in everything I've seen. 
I'm fine with it. 
Excited for the movie

He certainly is the hot actor of the moment. Makes you wonder why Disney's pulling the big guns and pulling the Mandalorian into marvel... he couldn't save the dumpster fire of wonder woman 2

On 2/15/2024 at 7:28 AM, Pontoon said:

I am proud to say I have zero idea who *any* of those actors are.

ac695671e676d301635d26985bc77096.gif

I only know Pedro and the only reason I recognize the Egon Spengler Bacharach guy is from the Punisher credits after a recent re-watch. 

On 2/15/2024 at 9:37 AM, comix4fun said:

No one's even mentioned Ebon Moss-Bachrach. 

He's pretty much perfect for Ben Grimm.
If you haven't seen "The Bear" you're missing one of the best written, best acted, characters in the last couple decades of television. 
Ebon.... "COUSIN!" really gave layers and depth to a character that could have been one note or a stereotype to the point that I think he could probably nail almost any role. 
As Ben Grimm, intelligent but gruff, acerbic, bitter, angry but sensitive I think he might have been born to play that role. 

I thought he was great as Micro in The Punisher - and a little sad, because they are obviously not bringing Micro back to the Punisher universe.

I have tried to watch The Bear. As a restaurant owner, it's a little too real - I got through two episodes and it felt like I was sitting down in my easy chair in the middle of my restaurant's kitchen. I've heard amazing things about it, but it pegs my stress meter because it's pretty realistic in many senses.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:40 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I thought he was great as Micro in The Punisher - and a little sad, because they are obviously not bringing Micro back to the Punisher universe.

I have tried to watch The Bear. As a restaurant owner, it's a little too real - I got through two episodes and it felt like I was sitting down in my easy chair in the middle of my restaurant's kitchen. I've heard amazing things about it, but it pegs my stress meter because it's pretty realistic in many senses.

Gotta get past the first two episodes, they are mega-stress...but I think that's to set to base for the show. It shifts a bit after that.  It's really one of the best character studies, everyone gets multiple layers, I've seen in a long time. And I think you'll be shocked at what Ebon does with Richie. 

On 2/15/2024 at 9:46 AM, comix4fun said:

Gotta get past the first two episodes, they are mega-stress...but I think that's to set to base for the show. It shifts a bit after that.  It's really one of the best character studies, everyone gets multiple layers, I've seen in a long time. And I think you'll be shocked at what Ebon does with Richie. 

That's good to hear, we'll give it another try. The kid from Shameless is a great actor - that's why we watched it in the first place, so with that little observation, I think we'll put it back on the watch list.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:02 AM, Dr. Balls said:

That's good to hear, we'll give it another try. The kid from Shameless is a great actor - that's why we watched it in the first place, so with that little observation, I think we'll put it back on the watch list.

Yeah, I remembered him from Shameless. Man, he's matured as an actor too. Really great. Really everyone in the cast gets time, gets layers and depth. Everyone sucks, but everyone is also awesome, everyone gets attention and more than one note. There are episodes in season 2 that I watched 4-5 times. 

On 2/15/2024 at 7:07 AM, Dr. Balls said:

For me, the deeper problem is the reasoning *why* they cast who they cast. If you're putting Pedro Pascal in your movie, it's because you've put too much stock in the opinions of social media - and if you can be swayed by social media in that way, it's showing that Marvel really hasn't learned from it's mistakes yet. There will be a lot more disappointments ahead, I think.

I assumed they were putting Pedro Pascal in the movie because the story involves him protecting a child while navigating through a bunch of threats. 

On 2/15/2024 at 12:15 PM, comix4fun said:

There are episodes in season 2 that I watched 4-5 times. 

I, too, am a connoisseur, and often find my best experience is with the second or third sampling. Judy, while a kindred spirit in regards to themes and genres, is a one and done viewer. It's frustrating. When she falls asleep, sometimes I will watch Prometheus for the 55th time :cloud9: GOD BLESS... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/15/2024 at 10:20 AM, Stefan_W said:

I assumed they were putting Pedro Pascal in the movie because the story involves him protecting a child while navigating through a bunch of threats. 

I bet they will recast Franklin Richards as a girl.