• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Digital Redemption Stickers

4 posts in this topic

Searched the forums but did not find anything. If the sticker covering up the redemption number is missing, how does CGC treat this? Green label or just no 9.9 or 10.0 grades?

I bought a full run of ASM volume 3 (18 issues) a long ways back and none of the books have the stickers, just numbers for the digital copy. I was not thinking about grading when I got them so never looked until now.

Any known input would be appreciated. Thanks

If you are just seeing the numbers then someone has peeled off the Marvel sticker from the book.  As stated by CGC...

"If it is completely peeled off it will be noted in the label text as digital code label removed and it will not get a qualified label and will not affect grade."

With my example mentioned above, my copy did not have a sticker OR DIGITAL CODE put in the book at all...there was no sticker to peel back and this was an error at the printers. 

In the other example the sticker has been removed revealing the digital code.  For the completest out there...if CGC catches the missing sticker and notes it on the label I wouldn't even consider buying those books as there are plenty with the sticker intact.