• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help required: Richard Sala's NIGHT DRIVE

7 posts in this topic

Hi

A friend of mine, who works for Fantagraphics, is trying to track down pages of OA from Richard Sala's first self-published comic, NIGHT DRIVE for a proposed project.

A CAF search is an obvious one, but not everyone post their art on CAF!

If anyone here has any pages in their collections, please DM me with details, thanks.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:04 PM, The Voord said:

A CAF search is an obvious one, but not everyone post their art on CAF!

And not every one on CAF posts all their art on it.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:04 PM, The Voord said:

If anyone here has any pages in their collections, please DM me with details, thanks.

Don't forget the FB groups related to Comic Art:

I'm sure that there are others that I've missed. Are you recommending this FB Page. It seems to be unmoderated and I noticed several spam posts.

By the way the list I maintain is kept here: Pricing Comic Art. See the hidden text in the first post on that thread.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/523347-pricing-comic-art-2023-edition/

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 2/22/2024 at 2:36 PM, alxjhnsn said:

Are you recommending this FB Page. It seems to be unmoderated and I noticed several spam posts.

Sorry, Alex, you've lost me . . . what FB page is it you think I might be recommending?  I've made no mention of any FB page??

The link I provided was for the Comic Art Collective, which has nothing to do with FB.  It's a site for 'alternative artists' to sell their art directly to potentially-interested collectors.  It's where I bought most of my own Richard Sala originals . . . directly from the artist, when he was still with us.

Thanks to those members here who mailed me privately with offers of assistance . . . resulting in a few more pieces of the jigsaw now added.

My friend from Fantagraphics has now provided me with the following update:

"What we're looking for now are two pages: one called QUALMS IN THE NIGHT, and another called HYPNOTIC EYES. And any other unpublished pages that might be out there."  *

*  Both pages are definitely out there, as Richard sold them, while he was alive, through The Comic Art Collective web-site (not a FB group).  The web-site scans are too small for realistic use.  Here they are:

417958178_7396126627121993_1864443942356485827_n.jpg

B118AE51-20FB-4A21-8CBF138B2B29871A.jpg

Edited by The Voord

On 2/22/2024 at 11:37 AM, The Voord said:

Sorry, Alex, you've lost me . . . what FB page is it you think I might be recommending?  I've made no mention of any FB page??

The link I provided was for the Comic Art Collective, which has nothing to do with FB.  It's a site for 'alternative artists' to sell their art directly to potentially-interested collectors.  It's where I bought most of my own Richard Sala originals . . . directly from the artist, when he was still with us.

Your post was just after my list of FB groups so I thought you were referring to one. This one: https://www.facebook.com/comicartcollective.

I have no clue why I didn't click your link. 

Thanks for the lead. Sorry for the confusion.

I should mention that the Comic Art Collective is covered by my referencing Nico Vallee's (@NicoV)  wonderful Comic Art Tracker website which searches the Comic Art Collective and pretty much everything else.

Edited by alxjhnsn