• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Police Comics 1 CGC 8.5 at auction on Comiclink
1 1

48 posts in this topic

On 3/2/2024 at 12:58 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, I hope you do realize that Billy Wright auction took place way back in 2017 which is almost like a few lifetimes ago in this hyper red hot pandemic and crypto driven GA comic book marketplace of ours wich we have experienced during the past few years.  hm

Especially if you are talking about GA keys, classic covers, or HTF rare GA books that seldom come to market.  :luhv:

Has anyone positively identified a "crypto" buyer? I am curious what they look like.

On 3/2/2024 at 11:35 AM, MrBedrock said:

Has anyone positively identified a "crypto" buyer? I am curious what they look like.

Do you still count as "crypto" buyer if you have a Coinbase account with no money in it (shrug)

If so, I know of one crypto buyer

On 2/29/2024 at 8:28 PM, mrmovies said:

Yeah. Not a big fan. Also, I've heard some truly horrible things about the folks over at CC. Things I wish I could forget. 

Yes, but it can't be anything as close to the questionable stories that you hear about the guys at the top of the food chain at Heritage.  (shrug)

On 3/2/2024 at 10:35 AM, MrBedrock said:

Well, since Bitcoin is once again finally approaching near its all time highs, I guess it's the guys who are doing this  :banana:  :whee:

Unless you are lucky enough to be one of the long time holders of Nivida stock and now counting the number of zero's in your portfolio account, as it has now vaulted past Google and Amazon all the way into the #4 position in terms of the most valuable companies in the U.S. behind only Microsoft, Apple, and Saudi Aramco and with possibly more growth potential than most of these other companies.  Especially since a holding of a mere 300 shares back in 2016 valued at less than $10K would now have you looking at a cool million, although a million dollars today is certainly nothing like what old timers like us used to dream of having in the good old days when it really meant something.  :flipbait:  :flipbait:

Especially when a million dollars wouldn't even come anywhere close to buying you a dilapidated ready to be torn down shack on the poor side of town nowadays.  :(

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/3/2024 at 2:00 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, since Bitcoin is once again finally approaching near its all time highs, I guess it's the guys who are doing this  :banana:  :whee:

Unless you are lucky enough to be one of the long time holders of Nivida stock and now counting the number of zero's in your portfolio account, as it has now vaulted past Google and Amazon all the way into the #4 position in terms of the most valuable companies in the U.S. behind only Microsoft, Apple, and Saudi Aramco and with possibly more growth potential than most of these other companies.  Especially since a holding of a mere 300 shares back in 2016 valued at less than $10K would now have you looking at a cool million, although a million dollars today is certainly nothing like what old timers like us used to dream of having in the good old days when it really meant something.  :flipbait:  :flipbait:

Especially when a million dollars wouldn't even come anywhere close to buying you a dilapidated ready to be torn down shack on the poor side of town nowadays.  :(

So no names, just the generic "crypto guys". Some phantoms are driving up prices. The mysterious "others" who are destroying our hobby! 

On 3/2/2024 at 1:35 PM, MrBedrock said:

look for the backwards hat?

On 3/5/2024 at 8:16 AM, Bronty said:
On 3/3/2024 at 2:35 AM, MrBedrock said:

look for the backwards hat?

Bingo!