• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Issues uploading pictures to mobile site
2 2

20 posts in this topic

I’ve been having trouble uploading photos to the CGC boards using Safari on an iPhone running the latest iOS software. Instead of the photo uploading, it just uploads a black image. Wondering if any other users have experienced this same issue. Thank you.

Humor me and try something. If you have a PC download the photo to your PC and trim it a little and hit save. If you do not have a PC (or laptop) available just trim the photo where it's uploaded (I assume it's iCloud?). Also, if you can do so, try replicating your normal method but on a PC. We need to narrow down at which stage things are going wrong.

On 2/26/2024 at 10:22 AM, themlh1138 said:

When I screenshot the photo and save that and post it, it works. Something seems to be wrong when trying to upload the original photos directly from Camera Roll. Hope this helps narrow it down.

Okay, I don't know if this makes a difference with the info that Richard brought to the table but I upload from my camera roll to iCloud and then download them to my PC. I then upload from my PC. If you're still having problems then it could be that the site here doesn't like pics that come directly from Camera Roll.

• Administrator
On 2/26/2024 at 6:21 PM, Kramerica said:

Okay, I don't know if this makes a difference with the info that Richard brought to the table but I upload from my camera roll to iCloud and then download them to my PC. I then upload from my PC. If you're still having problems then it could be that the site here doesn't like pics that come directly from Camera Roll.

When you say upload from my PC, do you use choose files?  

image.png

I click on choose files, then double click on the image I want to post.

image.png

02 - ironman4a front.jpg

On 2/26/2024 at 5:20 PM, CGC Mike said:

When you say upload from my PC, do you use choose files?  

image.png

I click on choose files, then double click on the image I want to post.

image.png

02 - ironman4a front.jpg

Exactly, that's what I do.

To clarify, from the beginning: After I take pics with my iPhone they are automatically uploaded to iCloud. From there I log into iCloud from my PC and select all of the pics and download them to my PC. Once there I move them to a folder and make all of the crops and rotates that are needed. I have a weird issue where my iPhone take pics that end up sideways or upside down and I can fix them all at once.

I hope that helps. This is what works best for me.

I always upload using pics that are on my computer, also making any crops there. Yesterday morning whether I attempted to upload using "choose files" or drag and drop, the upload failed and I received an error message. It seems to be working fine now, although the drag and drop method was a bit slow and not instantaneous like usual.

Ultraman Screen.jpg

I used to be able to post pictures to the website forums directly from my iPhone’s camera roll. Snap the picture and upload — no issues. It wasn’t until earlier this year when I began to encounter this issue with the pictures uploading as just black frames.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:01 AM, themlh1138 said:

I used to be able to post pictures to the website forums directly from my iPhone’s camera roll. Snap the picture and upload — no issues. It wasn’t until earlier this year when I began to encounter this issue with the pictures uploading as just black frames.

I saw the same thing happen recently. New iPhone 15.

• Administrator
On 2/27/2024 at 6:16 PM, themlh1138 said:

Thank you, Mike! Good to know you’re on the case!

I did bring this up during the meeting.  I stressed that this was an important issue.  Especially for those who have FS threads.  If anyone has any screenshots or other comments to add, feel free to post them.  Then I will send them an e-mail to make sure they are onto this.   

On 2/27/2024 at 7:35 PM, CGC Mike said:

I did bring this up during the meeting.  I stressed that this was an important issue.  Especially for those who have FS threads.  If anyone has any screenshots or other comments to add, feel free to post them.  Then I will send them an e-mail to make sure they are onto this.   

I've been told I'm not the only one with these issues either on the phone.....

So what about this when the main forum page opens it's fine but then you go to a sub forum on the phone, take modern for example, and it all jumbles to where threads are repeated and cover up other threads?

If you click you thumb in the screen, it tries to clean up and sometimes works then to see through the jumble at the threads covered up. Not always though and refreshing doesn't always fix it either.

Never happens on tablet or computer only on the phone

Screenshot_20240227-214806.png