• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Entire Comic Book Collection
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I am shipping an entire comic book collection from Hawaii to California. I believe I have everything covered, but looking to forum members for input.

1. Insurance: If I recall, the comics are covered by the insurance (my policy) until the collection is turned over to the shipping company. This is where I need to determine what policies are available while in transit. Then, once the shipping company delivers the crates, the comics go back onto the same insurance policy.

2. Shipping Company: Already identified as I've worked with them in the past. The comics will be packaged so all that is required is to place the collection into pre-built crates. The journey takes 5-7 business days. There will be 2-3 crates, each measuring 3' X 2' X 2'. Total weight 320-400 LBS.

There will be Apple air-tags in each crate.

Hmmm. When an individual ships comics to CGC, once CGC takes possession, your personal insurance policy no longer covers the comic(s). As a precaution, I'm making an assumption the same may occur when I turn the collection over to the shipping company. I've reached out to the insurance company for confirmation. It would be great news if it is covered the entire route.

PS - When I first read your response, I thought, "it's not my collection, but a collection I recently acquired." Then I remembered, well if I acquire it, it is now part of my collection. However, it won't feel that way until it's home.

Edited by Upgrayedd2
Add Info

It wouldn't hurt to run this all by your insurer, with a few "what if" questions. And the same with the shipper, if relying on their coverage. 

Sounds like the collection in Hawaii has financially changed hands already, and you are arranging shipment to take physical possession?