• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Long time collector, new to the boards. I have been purchasing raw silver age lots from Heritage for the past couple months. I have found their grading all over the place. Not just in bad way. I realize with large lots you get a generally average. I even had a lot of 1960's Superman that came from Mile High at one point and the old Mile High grading was still on the bags (and correct to me) but the Heritage grade was a full grade higher. I also had a lot of 60's Batman that I graded a full grade higher than the Heritage grade.   Is it always a bit of a shoot with Heritage. Or is just a rare occurrence?  Thanks, Den

If you are looking for raws with strict grading then j would recommend MyComicShop. In Heritage's defence, you are buying lots so you should expect the grading to be some way off, not taking into your account your own grading standards. You should take part in the grading contests here. I thought I was a below average grader. Now i know i'm just below average. 

On 2/25/2024 at 5:45 PM, SilverShadows said:

Long time collector, new to the boards. I have been purchasing raw silver age lots from Heritage for the past couple months. I have found their grading all over the place. Not just in bad way. I realize with large lots you get a generally average. I even had a lot of 1960's Superman that came from Mile High at one point and the old Mile High grading was still on the bags (and correct to me) but the Heritage grade was a full grade higher. I also had a lot of 60's Batman that I graded a full grade higher than the Heritage grade.   Is it always a bit of a shoot with Heritage. Or is just a rare occurrence?  Thanks, Den

I've bought a lot of SA lots from Heritage and have the same experience as you.  Generally OK, but outliers both ways.