• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misprint or fading?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

In general the left side of this copy looks to exhibit a heck of a lot more flaws than the right side so I'd say fading. 2c

The fact that the Bat of the Batman title is a similar colour to Gordon's coat and word balloon gives the impression that the whole left side of the cover is affected but it looks like it's just the title red that is absent. I see other things going on and wonder if this is the result of water damage. Chances are that @Dystopia will never return though, so we'll probably never know. 

If it's a fade pattern, it's an extremely localised one.  Commissioner Gordon's coat was supposed to be that shade of orange.   Bearing in mind that you can't actually make red itself in CYMK (primary colour), so it's always some shade of red built from the right combinations of dots, it might be that they did the first set of dots to get the oranges on the left side, but then screwed up half of the title.   The orange across the BAT is completely even & consistent which would be odd for a fade, but if it was missing the extra dots to make it go red (i.e.  the extra dots of magenta) it would stay orange (and consistently, evenly orange). 

Picture 1 of 3