• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice re valuation
4 4

28 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2024 at 11:08 PM, Flaming_Telepath said:

:foryou:

Thank you.

Marty, drop me a DM and I'll see if I can help you. I'm in Hertfordshire, UK, and a full-time dealer.

I will, thanks. I should have more time at the weekend. Much appreciated.

On 2/29/2024 at 9:55 PM, topcat54 said:

Are all of them bagged and boarded? If not that would be my first step.

They are, but only in the kind of cellophane and card you see on sale a lot. I guess I should review that situation. I’ve also been looking at waterproof and fireproof boxes on Amazon which sound like a good idea. I feel honoured and flattered to have been left these but I must confess to an overwhelming sense of responsibility!

On 2/29/2024 at 3:08 PM, martyboy said:

They are, but only in the kind of cellophane and card you see on sale a lot. I guess I should review that situation. I’ve also been looking at waterproof and fireproof boxes on Amazon which sound like a good idea. I feel honoured and flattered to have been left these but I must confess to an overwhelming sense of responsibility!

Insurance would be a better investment.  A mylite and a backing board are less than a dollar a piece so I'd buy them asap. 

You already have a local comic dealer in the UK you are speaking with so I would hold off on any purchase prior to conversation.

If you are going to keep some of them sure, purchase mylites/boards; but it will not add additional value if you are going to sell the entire lot. It is a balance of looking nice for the next guy against you personally handling each comic to bag/board them again. You may want to push that risk off on the buyer.

On 2/29/2024 at 10:14 PM, topcat54 said:

there is a thread on the boards that talks about putting comics in a safe or fire proof box and I think the out come was don't do it.

I will try to find thee thread.

I've just read that (and lost the link again). Definitely advising against these.