• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Understanding Comics
1 1

4 posts in this topic

[Off topic mode = On]

Not for this story. I only know the culprit behind the damage of several (I know at least 6) pages of the Star Hawks strip by Gil Kane, in the same storyline. I see them appear from time to time at auctions.

I can post horror pictures more or less unbearable if someone is interested. I collect them.

[Off topic mode = Off]

Edited by Ecclectica

On 2/28/2024 at 11:09 PM, J.Sid said:

My guess is that it is humidity damage, as I had a similar look many years ago to some of my pieces. They were stored in the basement, and a sump pump went out. When I went downstairs about 3-4 days later, there was about 2-3 feet of standing water. The whole place was humid. The art was above the waterline, but I remember picking up an Aparo page and watching blackish drops of water running off it like tears. Among other things, I lost a Spirit page while others were just damaged, like my Adams cover. This is fixable but it can cost you. 

On 2/28/2024 at 11:09 PM, J.Sid said:

On a related, but separate note, I wish to express my condolences to Scott regarding the tragic loss of his wife a couple years ago in an auto-accident.