• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Low Cost Big and Small Comic Lots For Sale: EC Reprints, Thor, Weird Western Tales/Jonah Hex, GrimJack, Doc Savage, Batman, Daredevil, more…

8 posts in this topic

I have several boxes of book runs or sequential issues I’ve kept over the years that had intriguing stories, good art, were part of my original PC or all of the above.  I’d like to offer them here as individual lots so that anyone with an interest in the character (or good stories) will have some nice reading.  Some of the larger lots will practically provide an instant collection of the title (actually, no “practically” about it since a couple of the bigger lots have a run of a few hundred same-titled issues).  Due to their selling in lots, I’ll be generalizing about the book conditions, but to make up for lack of specifics, I’ll be conservative and undergrade their description.  They should grade mostly high but if it will be better if I 1) noted a borderline VFN as FN and just leave it at that 2) price the lot to sell well below whatever FMV is currently and 3) include shipping.  If that’s not enough to justify the prices, why… there’s more!  Be on the lookout for some added free bonus items within the lots as well.  With that in mind, again, I’m not looking at them as investments rather they are presented for reading enjoyment - not really profit-making.  If they go into someone’s PC or someone spots an item to make money on, then… great! 

As some lots range into 1985, I’m going to regretfully post a link to the forgotten Mixed Age Threads and Misc forum to be able to list the complete lot.  This will take some time and I will be updating the Lot List periodically as I get through different boxes.

Payment:  PayPal or checks (must clear).  I think my bank (TD) has Zelle, so if you are familiar enough to use it then that’s fine also.

Shipping:  Only to the US and is already included.  Smaller lots will go via USPS while FedEx ground will be used for the heavier boxes.  Insurance is covered up to $100.00 as per either of these shipping company’s guidelines and few lots will have an ask over that amount but extra insurance can be provided/requested at cost. 

Returns:  No returns.  They’ll be enough quantity, enough reading matter and enough cheapness to grant satisfaction.  (I think, anyway).  

Miscellanea:  No HoS or Probation List buyers.  “Take It” time stamp in the thread will determine lot sales.  PM with any questions or if a specific lot item picture is requested.

Thank you for looking.

Lot List: 

Grimjack Lot #1-#22 and #25 (Anniversary Issue), POSTED IN MIXED-AGE THREADS AND MISC

Doc Savage Magazine Lot #1-#8

Batman Lot #291-#294

Weird Western Tales/Jonah Hex Lot of 89 Issues

EC Reprint Lot POSTED IN MIXED-AGE THREADS AND MISC (3/3)

The Question Lot of 41 Issues POSTED IN MIXED-AGE THREADS AND MISC (3/5)

Daredevil Lot (TBD)

Thor Lot (TBD)

Possibly more depending on what is uncovered...

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Added new issues

Posted (edited)

:news:  SOLD

Doc Savage 1975 Marvel Magazine Lot of 8 (1-8) – the complete run.  Doug Moench stories really capture the spirit of the old pulps with art by John Buscema, Tony DeZuniga and Ernie Chan among others.  Very entertaining, self-contained one-issue stories (some are50 pages long) though you have to overlook Monk occasionally being drawn like The Hulk.  Books are in great condition, opened a few and noted some apparently with W pages (so I’ll call them OW/W pages), little to no spine ticks and sharp corners.  Some/all should easily make VFN or better so I’ll call them FN+ instead.  FREE BONUS:  Double-Doc Savage story Bantam paperback book will be included.  Asking 60.00 shipped.

IMG_5307.JPG

IMG_5308.JPG

IMG_5309.jpg

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Marked as sold

Posted (edited)

Batman Lot of 4 (291-294).  From 1977, the complete “Who Killed Batman” storyline.  It was entertaining enough, but if you didn’t guess the ending then you haven’t read enough Batman.  Mild Spoiler Alert:  Apparently he wasn’t dead.  Scanned all four books front/back, great cover gloss, look to be easily VFN (even with  the lines in the upper part of #292, which seem to be printing defects instead of creases), but will be contrarian and call them all FN.  Asking 40.00 shipped.

b291.jpg

b292.jpg

b293.jpg

b294.jpg

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Highlighted text

Posted (edited)

:news:  SOLD  

Weird Western Tales/Jonah Hex Lot of 89 Issues.  Very entertaining stories with this western anti-hero, there are 13 issues of Weird Western Tales from his earliest days (14, 16-19, 22-26, 28, 29, 36) and 76 issues from his first series in 1977: 1-20, 22-32, 34-46, 52-55 (duplicate of 55), 57-74 (duplicate of 67), 77-81, 83, 85).  The FREE BONUS is the last issue, #92, as it technically can’t be sold here since it was published in 1985 so it’s just thrown-in for free).  The books are all conservatively in at least vg+ / FN condition (I’m sure several grade at VFN or better but we’ll leave them at the first estimate per the intro) with great cover gloss, minimal spine ticks and sharp corners on most.  I’ve scanned some of the worst issues front/back as well as some of the better ones (front only) for comparison.  The biggest problem I noted was the backs of some issues had gotten age spots/foxing(?) as they interacted with their backing boards (Bill Cole extra thick acid-free neutral pH yet – thanks for nothing, Bill).  I’ve tossed them and show the more obvious ones (JH # 1, 25, 40, WW #22 and 26 which is in my opinion the worst looking book of the lot).  Oddly, some that had the board (JH #6, 10 for example) show no issues.  Again, entertaining and gritty – as much as the code would allow – reading.  Asking 120.00 shipped.  

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

IMG_5301.JPG

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5305.JPG

J1.jpg

J4.jpg

J6.jpg

J9.jpg

J10.jpg

J25.jpg

J40.jpg

J61.jpg

J74.jpg

J80.jpg

Edited by SeniorSurfer
Marked as sold

On 3/1/2024 at 2:25 PM, SeniorSurfer said:

Weird Western Tales/Jonah Hex Lot of 89 Issues.  Very entertaining stories with this western anti-hero, there are 13 issues of Weird Western Tales from his earliest days (14, 16-19, 22-26, 28, 29, 36) and 76 issues from his first series in 1977: 1-20, 22-32, 34-46, 52-55 (duplicate of 55), 57-74 (duplicate of 67), 77-81, 83, 85).  The FREE BONUS is the last issue, #92, as it technically can’t be sold here since it was published in 1985 so it’s just thrown-in for free).  The books are all conservatively in at least vg+ / FN condition (I’m sure several grade at VFN or better but we’ll leave them at the first estimate per the intro) with great cover gloss, minimal spine ticks and sharp corners on most.  I’ve scanned some of the worst issues front/back as well as some of the better ones (front only) for comparison.  The biggest problem I noted was the backs of some issues had gotten age spots/foxing(?) as they interacted with their backing boards (Bill Cole extra thick acid-free neutral pH yet – thanks for nothing, Bill).  I’ve tossed them and show the more obvious ones (JH # 1, 25, 40, WW #22 and 26 which is in my opinion the worst looking book of the lot).  Oddly, some that had the board (JH #6, 10 for example) show no issues.  Again, entertaining and gritty – as much as the code would allow – reading.  Asking 120.00 shipped.  

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

IMG_5301.JPG

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5305.JPG

J1.jpg

J4.jpg

J6.jpg

J9.jpg

J10.jpg

J25.jpg

J40.jpg

J61.jpg

J74.jpg

J80.jpg

take lot for 120.00 shipped...

On 3/1/2024 at 1:50 PM, SeniorSurfer said:

Doc Savage 1975 Marvel Magazine Lot of 8 (1-8) – the complete run.  Doug Moench stories really capture the spirit of the old pulps with art by John Buscema, Tony DeZuniga and Ernie Chan among others.  Very entertaining, self-contained one-issue stories (some are50 pages long) though you have to overlook Monk occasionally being drawn like The Hulk.  Books are in great condition, opened a few and noted some apparently with W pages (so I’ll call them OW/W pages), little to no spine ticks and sharp corners.  Some/all should easily make VFN or better so I’ll call them FN+ instead.  FREE BONUS:  Double-Doc Savage story Bantam paperback book will be included.  Asking 60.00 shipped.

IMG_5307.JPG

IMG_5308.JPG

IMG_5309.jpg

:takeit: