• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex is forging customers signatures for Direct Signatures Required packages
4 4

71 posts in this topic

Anyone else having an issue with FedEx forging signatures for their Direct Signature Required packages from CGC?

For some reason CGC shipped my package to my home address using FedEx instead of my p.o. box with USPS. When I called CGC, they said they weren't sure why it was shipped to my home address. I had long ago deleted my home address from my CGC account because I didn't want any of my shipments going out with FedEx

My latest order got shipped right before I went on vacation, shipped with FedEx. That Monday it was "delivered" by FedEx with no one at home signed for by me even though I was 400 miles away and no one else at my residence. Ring camera video footage shows the FedEx driving coming up to my door knocking and then three seconds later picking up his hand held device and signing my name on their signing pad. After I viewed this, I called FedEx right away and asked them to go back and retrieve the package so it wasn't left on my doorstep for a week. They assured me it would be. I made multiple calls to them daily while I was away and they stated that the package retrieval was "in process". FedEx comes through my neighborhood daily so it would have been very easy for them to pick up the package if they wanted to. 

After complaining for days I finally get a call from a supervisor at FexEx who said they would check with the route supervisor regarding the package retrieval. He eventually emails me back and says that a driver went by on Thursday and Friday to get the package but there was no package there. This was a lie because we have a Ring camera and it would have recorded FedEx coming up to my door to look for the package. Now when I finally get home from my vacation, there is no package at my front door. I'm sure insurance won't cover packages that have been delivered and forged/signed by the driver, because they'll just pull up the forged electronic signatures and say that the packages were delivered and signed for. I don't even want money for it, I just want my package as it's a one of a kind Signature Series that would be very difficult and time consuming to do again as it had eight autographs on it. The other part of this is that we are paying around $6 extra for the Direct Signature Required and FedEx is pocketing that money with no intention of performing that service.

On 3/3/2024 at 1:41 PM, andrew parker said:

Anyone else having an issue with FedEx forging signatures for their Direct Signature Required packages from CGC?

For some reason CGC shipped my package to my home address using FedEx instead of my p.o. box with USPS. When I called CGC, they said they weren't sure why it was shipped to my home address. I had long ago deleted my home address from my CGC account because I didn't want any of my shipments going out with FedEx

My latest order got shipped right before I went on vacation, shipped with FedEx. That Monday it was "delivered" by FedEx with no one at home signed for by me even though I was 400 miles away and no one else at my residence. Ring camera video footage shows the FedEx driving coming up to my door knocking and then three seconds later picking up his hand held device and signing my name on their signing pad. After I viewed this, I called FedEx right away and asked them to go back and retrieve the package so it wasn't left on my doorstep for a week. They assured me it would be. I made multiple calls to them daily while I was away and they stated that the package retrieval was "in process". FedEx comes through my neighborhood daily so it would have been very easy for them to pick up the package if they wanted to. 

After complaining for days I finally get a call from a supervisor at FexEx who said they would check with the route supervisor regarding the package retrieval. He eventually emails me back and says that a driver went by on Thursday and Friday to get the package but there was no package there. This was a lie because we have a Ring camera and it would have recorded FedEx coming up to my door to look for the package. Now when I finally get home from my vacation, there is no package at my front door. I'm sure insurance won't cover packages that have been delivered and forged/signed by the driver, because they'll just pull up the forged electronic signatures and say that the packages were delivered and signed for. I don't even want money for it, I just want my package as it's a one of a kind Signature Series that would be very difficult and time consuming to do again as it had eight autographs on it. The other part of this is that we are paying around $6 extra for the Direct Signature Required and FedEx is pocketing that money with no intention of performing that service.

You should raise this issue with CGC. It was their error that precipitated the problem. They can be helpful. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I've had a lot less of this recently.  I will say that it's likely because someone's been here to sign recently when packages have arrived, but I can tell you that a year or two ago they were signing "for" me.  

On 3/3/2024 at 6:28 PM, MattTheDuck said:

I've had a lot less of this recently.  I will say that it's likely because someone's been here to sign recently when packages have arrived, but I can tell you that a year or two ago they were signing "for" me.  

They've done it to me even when we are home. Once I stayed at home waiting to sign for the package and then I receive a text saying my package was delivered and signed for by me. There was no knock on my door or ringing of my doorbell. The driver went straight to forging my signature and leaving the package standing upright on the tall side so that it was the most visible to anyone driving or walking by.

On 3/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, jimjum12 said:

You should raise this issue with CGC. It was their error that precipitated the problem. They can be helpful. GOD BLESS ... 

I've had CGC open a case. They may have switched addresses because it was submitted from Twin Cities even though in the instructions with Twin Cities said I don't want it shipped by FedEx or to my home address.

Sorry to hear that, and not smart on the part of FedEx.  I understand these drivers are judged based on how fast they get packages delivered but they're taking a real chance of people claiming non-delivery or something.

On 3/3/2024 at 6:37 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Sorry to hear that, and not smart on the part of FedEx.  I understand these drivers are judged based on how fast they get packages delivered but they're taking a real chance of people claiming non-delivery or something.

They've been doing it for years. I'm lucky here, as we're rural and I don't typically receive high dollar items. It won't stop until head's roll, but I think turnover keeps that beast at bay. GOD BLESS ... 

On 3/3/2024 at 8:58 PM, g-man said:

Did your ring cam pick up who may have taken the package? 

No, but I can't quite tell if he even left the package. I can see him bend down out of camera view, but can't see what he did. It doesn't look like he walked away with it, but I'm not positive. The problem with the Ring is that it won't start recording for about five or more seconds after it senses movement. So, if someone is fast enough, they could get in and out without it being recorded.

On 3/3/2024 at 6:37 PM, MattTheDuck said:

They may be timed, but if my employer wants me to commit a felony so they can increase their profits and bonuses, I'm not going to do it. Not only is it wrong, but your employer won't hesitate to throw you under the bus when you get caught. It's just like if someone works as a delivery driver for Domino's Pizza. If decide to drive 90 mph to delivery a pizza because their employer wants them to, that's on them as much as it is their employer.

Now that the package isn't there, one could suspect the delivery driver as much as anyone else. The delivery drivers could be setting up packages for an accomplice to steal after they forge the recipient's signature and leave it on the porch unattended. Driver's would know when there's an expensive laptop or the latest I-Phone in their truck to be delivered and could easily set it up to be stolen if there is no accountability for forging signatures. All Apple or Best Buy will say is that there is a signature at your house for the merchandise being delivered, so we're not sending you a replacement.

FedEx left 5 boxes of 25 slabs each in my driveway, in the rain. About $25k worth, and I have a covered front porch. Signed my name for them.

20220109_141306.jpg.fa0a284374815162eade5a9a2f398229.jpg

A year ago, they dropped off a box of 2 comics worth $100 each at the wrong address, signed my name. I reported it to CGC, and it was never located. I checked in from time to time regarding the claim. They're "getting to it soon", has been the response.

They figure you will give up eventually, since you have no leverage. 

Unfortunately, USPS is not much better.  Sent a book worth north of $15k and paid extra for Registered Mail.  Buyer even told carrier he would be receiving a Registered Mail package - to which carrier replied "Never heard of that, what is it?".  When package was delivered, carrier signed for it and dropped it on porch without even ringing doorbell - buyer's MIL was in house at the time.  Buyer noticed USPS updated tracking to delivered, so call home and she was able to retrieve package!

This seems to be standard practice now.  In the old days, they'd leave an unable to deliver slip.  Delivery companies don't seem to care that people are paying extra money for services they're not even providing.

Companies rarely actually delete info you request to be removed, they just stop displaying it to you.

FedEx routinely signs "for" me, but I wouldn't say it's a problem.  I prefer this over failing to deliver for a week by coming to my house at 10:24am Monday through Friday...

The fact that you can't use the "Manage Delivery" function to redirect the package to a FedEx store is baffling.

So my collectible insurance only covers shipments with direct signature required. I don't know the details of CGC's insurance coverage, but I imagine it probably has that stipulation. 

On 3/3/2024 at 9:16 PM, andrew parker said:

No, but I can't quite tell if he even left the package. I can see him bend down out of camera view, but can't see what he did. It doesn't look like he walked away with it, but I'm not positive. The problem with the Ring is that it won't start recording for about five or more seconds after it senses movement. So, if someone is fast enough, they could get in and out without it being recorded.

Sounds like you need to fine tune, upgrade, or possibly replace the system. This is exactly the kind of scenario where it should have shined. GOD BLESS ... 

On 3/4/2024 at 1:27 AM, Lightning55 said:

FedEx left 5 boxes of 25 slabs each in my driveway, in the rain. About $25k worth, and I have a covered front porch. Signed my name for them.

A year ago, they dropped off a box of 2 comics worth $100 each at the wrong address, signed my name. I reported it to CGC, and it was never located. I checked in from time to time regarding the claim. They're "getting to it soon", has been the response.

FedEx seems to be doing this everywhere. That's five packages delivered to your house. At $6 per package paid for DSR, it comes out to $30 that delivery. This is an easy cash grab for FedEx to collect extra money/profits for a service they have no intention of fulfilling.

Even if you were able to retrieve your packages, I would still raise a fuss with FedEx. The customer service number at Fedex refuses to give out any names or emails of their supervisors in your local area. Here's the thing: you only need one local FedEx employee's name to get many others. I finally got an email from someone locally at FedEx. I discovered that FedEx employees all have their business email at "first name.lastname@fedex.com". So, all you have to do is take that name from the email address and Google their name and "Linkedin" and find that person. That person will normally be connected with a bunch of other FedEx employees in the area along with their job titles. You can also get the name of the local Fedex franchise owner and do the same Linked seach to get supervisors names. Turns out a lot of these FedEx supervisors feel uncomfortable getting an email from someone they don't know with an attached video showing their employees committing forgery fraud. 

On 3/3/2024 at 6:16 PM, andrew parker said:

The problem with the Ring is that it won't start recording for about five or more seconds after it senses movement. 

O.o

I'm guessing this detail isn't available prior to purchase.

As I continue to post, apparently I can't resist, FedEx and, to add to another poster's comment, UPS in my area have left a lot to be desired for, at least over a decade. The very few good folks that worked for either were too long ago given other routes; perhaps they left for other positions. Thus, we are stuck with workers who don't give a .... and when one complains they do a better job that soon vanishes like a thousand dollar bill left very visible at the subway station.

On 3/4/2024 at 12:00 PM, MR SigS said:

O.o

I'm guessing this detail isn't available prior to purchase.

That's simply how these cameras work depending how you set the sensitivity of the device. If you set it too high, you get hundreds of videos daily of cars driving by on the road, squirrels on the sidewalk, etc. If you set it in the middle, you get the videos when people enter your lawn. All of these doorbell cameras don't record a continuous feed, they only record when there is motion activity and it's going to take a second or two for it to kick it once the motion triggers it.

On 3/4/2024 at 1:27 AM, Lightning55 said:

FedEx, the gift (big grift) that keeps screw... you over and over and ....