• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little Giant old school comic book show April 13 Concord NH
3 3

64 posts in this topic

Coming up soon is the annual Old School comic book show put on by Little Giant Comics at the Everett Arena in Concord, NH. Very solid guest list along with an amazing dealer line up. Vendors from across the USA setup here selling, buying and sometimes trading with the thousands of fans who attend. Only comic books plus related merchandise. No pops or other pop culture merchandise. Comics from a dollar to thousands of dollars will be available. I believe the website for more info for you readers is oldschoolcomicbookshow.com. 

Who’s attending? A couple auction houses along with great dealers including Harley Yee, Terrys Comics all the way from a 4 day one way drive from the West Coast, Richie from Florida, Basement Comics from MD, Heroes and also J & S from NC, Reeces Rare Comics, Derek from NJ along with Zapp Comics. Plus many other quality dealers from the New England area. 

There should also be evening activities both Friday and Saturday for those coming from a distance away. 

On 3/4/2024 at 11:37 AM, Comicshows said:

Coming up soon is the annual Old School comic book show put on by Little Giant Comics at the Everett Arena in Concord, NH. Very solid guest list along with an amazing dealer line up. Vendors from across the USA setup here selling, buying and sometimes trading with the thousands of fans who attend. Only comic books plus related merchandise. No pops or other pop culture merchandise. Comics from a dollar to thousands of dollars will be available. I believe the website for more info for you readers is oldschoolcomicbookshow.com. 

Who’s attending? A couple auction houses along with great dealers including Harley Yee, Terrys Comics all the way from a 4 day one way drive from the West Coast, Richie from Florida, Basement Comics from MD, Heroes and also J & S from NC, Reeces Rare Comics, Derek from NJ along with Zapp Comics. Plus many other quality dealers from the New England area. 

There should also be evening activities both Friday and Saturday for those coming from a distance away. 

This is a show I'd like to attend as much as any other show. I've heard great things. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 3/4/2024 at 12:19 PM, jimjum12 said:

This is a show I'd like to attend as much as any other show. I've heard great things. GOD BLESS ...

It's a great show i see new dealers are showing this year (thumbsu

On 3/4/2024 at 11:37 AM, Comicshows said:

It's always been a 1-day show, I don't believe it's been changed this year. The show is on April 13th. The only evening activity I'm aware of (please correct me if I'm wrong) is a limited seating dinner with Steranko on the 12th. And the J&S Comics who sets up at this show is based out of CT, they're not the J&S from NJ or from NC (if there is one there, too).

On 3/16/2024 at 12:57 PM, Pontoon said:

It's always been a 1-day show, I don't believe it's been changed this year. The show is on April 13th. The only evening activity I'm aware of (please correct me if I'm wrong) is a limited seating dinner with Steranko on the 12th. And the J&S Comics who sets up at this show is based out of CT, they're not the J&S from NJ or from NC (if there is one there, too).

Tell Jim I said hello, if he's there .... if you can, please. :foryou: GOD BLESS ...

On 3/16/2024 at 1:01 PM, jimjum12 said:

Tell Jim I said hello, if he's there .... if you can, please. :foryou: GOD BLESS ...

Sure thing! Jim's is usually the first table I head for. I usually get the early bird ticket so I can have a little more elbow room before things get crowded, but I don't know if I'll do that this year since the tickets are now $50 instead of the regular $15 admission. $25 or $30 I didn't mind but $50 is a little steep.

IMG_3602.thumb.jpeg.a689605ee0220884a8eb1011c9b3126b.jpegIMG_3603.thumb.jpeg.e4f1902928a75403a5722853473bdc91.jpeg

We are booth F7-F8 this year! Stop by, say hi, and ask about a CGC boardie discount!! I have an awesome stack of wall books (which I’ve been squirreling away for a year) that will go on sale exclusively at the show when doors open for VIPs at 9AM. 

VIP tickets are $50
General Admission still only $15

There are still some tickets available for the Jim Steranko dinner event!

On 3/19/2024 at 12:02 PM, AmazingComics413 said:

IMG_3602.thumb.jpeg.a689605ee0220884a8eb1011c9b3126b.jpegIMG_3603.thumb.jpeg.e4f1902928a75403a5722853473bdc91.jpeg

We are booth F7-F8 this year! Stop by, say hi, and ask about a CGC boardie discount!! I have an awesome stack of wall books (which I’ve been squirreling away for a year) that will go on sale exclusively at the show when doors open for VIPs at 9AM. 

VIP tickets are $50
General Admission still only $15

There are still some tickets available for the Jim Steranko dinner event!

I see a few new vendors attending for the first time which should make for an awesome show! thanks for posting this chart (thumbsu

On 3/16/2024 at 6:06 PM, Pontoon said:

Sure thing! Jim's is usually the first table I head for. I usually get the early bird ticket so I can have a little more elbow room before things get crowded, but I don't know if I'll do that this year since the tickets are now $50 instead of the regular $15 admission. $25 or $30 I didn't mind but $50 is a little steep.

$50 is totally not worth it. all you get is a bag with a bunch of worthless trinkets and advertisements, and a bunch of sleepy dealers who aren’t close to being fully set up. Two years in a row there were two or three dealers who weren’t set up until after the general admission people came in. Save the $$ for comics 

On 3/20/2024 at 4:22 PM, TerrysComics said:

With a very large Guest list , I understand the need to raise the admission price, Guests can be a very large of a Promoters Budget.

Raising ticket prices can result in fewer attendees, which I am assuming no dealer wants, as that means less people buying books.

In any event, it looks like the standard ticket price is still $15, which is reasonable.

On 3/20/2024 at 5:50 AM, thewritestuff said:

$50 is totally not worth it. all you get is a bag with a bunch of worthless trinkets and advertisements, and a bunch of sleepy dealers who aren’t close to being fully set up. Two years in a row there were two or three dealers who weren’t set up until after the general admission people came in. Save the $$ for comics 

Paying extra for an hour of elbow room without the crowds is totally worth it to me. However, when the charge for early admission moves from $30 to $50, more than 3x the cost of the regular $15 admission then it no longer becomes worth it to me.

It almost sounds like we've been at different shows. I always opt for the early admission and have never come across any sleepy dealers who aren't set up. Load-in happens on Friday. Maybe I just go to different tables.

The 2023 "swag bag" was a complete joke, just utter useless drek. They weren't anything to write home about in years past but at least came with a few things I sold to amortize the cost of the ticket.

On 3/19/2024 at 7:18 PM, gumption said:

I'm flying in from Seattle. Very excited for this show... might be my only comic-con trek this year.

Bear in mind that the Boston Marathon is happening on the Monday after the show.

Hotels in Boston are $$$ that weekend and traffic will be tricky.

Well, the show is in Concord NH, about 70 miles away from Boston. If I was flying, I'd try to get a flight to a NH airport, as well as a hotel in NH.

Looking forward to this one. I have a wedding in NH later that day so it works out perfectly. I won't being paying the $50 but $15 is more than reasonable it seems.