• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to the LA Vintage Paperback show on March 17th

32 posts in this topic

Figured I'd start a thread to a) see if any other boardies were thinking about going and b) to post a bit about the show when I get there.

I've already booked flights and hotel so it's a definite for me. I've been back collecting for years now and have never been to what is said to be the biggest show centered on paperbacks.

It's a lot to travel across the continent to look at pb's but I guess I'm crazy like that :screwy:  With 80 dealer tables, I'm hoping to find a grail or two (thumbsu

I posted a listing in Comics Events with a link to the show's website, in case anyone cares to research logistics and such. Terry O'Neil and a few other comic dealers are setting up, but I have no idea what they bring. GOD BLESS ,,, 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 3/6/2024 at 9:54 AM, jimjum12 said:

I posted a listing in Comics Events with a link to the show's website, in case anyone cares to research logistics and such. Terry O'Neil and a few other comic dealers are setting up, but I have no idea what they bring. GOD BLESS ,,, 

Terry will bring pulps and paperbacks.

On 3/6/2024 at 12:54 PM, jimjum12 said:

Thanks Jim, I was gonna do that too since you had suggested it so thanks for taking action

(thumbsu

On 3/5/2024 at 10:29 PM, Hap Hazard said:

I plan to attend, driving up Sunday morning from San Diego, the show is always fun but some years are better than others. Worth checking out if you

have never been to one!

Hope to see you there and any other boardies who make the trip :)

On 3/16/2024 at 2:07 PM, Surfing Alien said:

So I get to my hotel in Glendale and on the wall behind the Customer Rep is a sign for "The Paperback Brewing Company" which is down the road from the hotel :whatthe:

https://paperback.la/

Doesn't seem any relationship to the show but I may have to go down a can of "Hollywood Hellcats" hm

That seems super Karmic

On 3/17/2024 at 8:06 PM, Robot Man said:

I made it there. Was fun as always. Good crowd with money exchanging hands the whole time. I did a little recap on the show in the GA section in my “50 Year Junk Obsecession” thread. 

Wish I knew, I would have sought you out - it was great show by all the vendors comments. Lot's of $ changing hands & it was not all middle aged men. I spotted a fair number of 20's-40's younger men and women! buying lots of horror and sci-fi. I had to elbow battle a few of them for Lesbian themed pb's with the painted covers, which is a collecting focus :)

20240317_203030.thumb.jpg.99a6104ea4d129625912871707618adf.jpg

On 3/18/2024 at 4:47 AM, jimjum12 said:

Did you see any "unicorns" at the show, you know, the stuff you never see? GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a freind of jesus)(thumbsu

I saw the Amazing Detective Tales drug cover pulp. Just wasn’t nice enough to warrant $300. For me that day. Also saw a very nice copy of the Marijuana Dell 10 cent book for $250. Terry had some nice pulps but they were at, well, Terry prices…:roflmao:

IMG_8471.jpeg