• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Solving A Mystery

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 5:07 PM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Interesting research endeavor. How did you determine he came to be known as Dave Jay in the RBCC ad?

The main thread on Wigransky explains that.  Basically, he took up that aka for purposes of dealing records, putting out his own 45s, putting out his own book, and for his DJ act. His friends verify. “Dave Jay” not only was a riff on DJ but his friends in the Jolson collecting community said he meant the “Jay” to stand for Jolson. And the address in the ad is his residence. 100% certainty.

Grant Geissman confirmed Russ bought the books for $300. That price was more than the then record of $250 paid for an Action 1.

Edited by sfcityduck

On 3/11/2024 at 9:42 PM, Telegan said:

@sfcityduck, I can't help you with your request, but have you ever seen this blog post?  It gives a bit of a nod to you and your sleuthing in your "first great comic collector" thread regarding Dave Wigransky.

Thanks saw that about a week ago.  Posted it on my main Wigransky thread. Call me crazy but I am ok with the descriptions of me and the thread as they aren’t far from accurate.