• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #201
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Thanks for looking. Pretty sure the odd white areas on the bottom are just the way these covers were printed.  Zoomed in on what I think is a partial fingerprint. Either that or some kind of printing error.  In any event, let me know your thoughts. Thanks

20240306_200208_1.jpg

20240306_200345.jpg

20240306_200208.jpg

After looking at other copies online as reference, the only thing I see is a mistrimmed cover (outer and upper edges) and some color rub at the lower edge near the right corner.

Although it is a very nice copy, even if they are Bindery Defects, they are not "Subtle" which is the wording used for bindery defects in NM 9.4 to NM+ 9.6, due to this, IMO the book grades at...NM- 9.2

NM/MT 9.8 - Only subtle bindery or printing defects are allowed.

NM+ 9.6 - Only subtle bindery or printing defects are allowed. No bindery tears are allowed,

NM 9.4 - Subtle bindery/printing defects are allowed. Bindery tears must be less than 1/16" on Silver Age and later books,

VF 8.0, VF/NM 9.0, NM- 9.2 - A limited number of minor bindery/printing defects are allowed.

Subtle Definition - (especially of a change or distinction) so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe.

Minor Definition - lesser in importance, seriousness, or significance.

Hard to grade with the white background but likely a 9.0/9.2 as others have said.

One of my favorite BA covers. (thumbsu

Thanks for posting.