• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cupid Capers #1 1933 Enoch Bolles thoughts?

3 posts in this topic

hello all.

I havent been on here in a long time. However I had come across a interesting book which i am going to get graded. 

But feedback from anyone on

-desirability?

-scarcity?

-value?

I know heritage had 3 sales of

"Different issues " cupid capers enoch bolles recently over past 12 months or so

A 5.0 for $9600

raw fine ish copy $4500

and a .5 raw(missing back cover) $1600

This is like a 7.0-8.0 and 1st issue of title 1933.

Your feedback is appreciated 

I have attached a photo of my book 

IMG_20240306_231145_798.jpg

They may hammer for the File Stamp and for the glue waves and staple indentions( if there is another term, I am unaware.). Some of those are production related, I know, but CGC seems less forgiving in that area with the magazines and pulps. Personally, I'm at 6.5/7.0, but my opinion is meaningless, as I don't work there. Fantastic rarity there. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Best of the few copies I've seen.  Unfortunate double stamp on skin tones, but I don't know how CGC handles that.  I'd still consider it VF according to old pulp standards, but the stamps will ding in a sale. Absolute beauty!

As far as value, who knows?  Depends what auction it's in, most likely (shrug)