• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turnaround times are beyond bad - partial refunds?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

From 2022-2023, the great thing about CGC was the quick turnaround times. Waiting 2+ months to get 25 cards graded is insane. At what point do they offer partial refunds? Does anyone know what PSA and Beckett have for turnaround times?

Regardless of whether they've had a large influx of cards around the holidays, sitting on cards for 2+ months makes me wonder if there are some serious operational inefficiencies in the facility.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:01 AM, Big Lank said:

From 2022-2023, the great thing about CGC was the quick turnaround times. Waiting 2+ months to get 25 cards graded is insane. At what point do they offer partial refunds? Does anyone know what PSA and Beckett have for turnaround times?

Regardless of whether they've had a large influx of cards around the holidays, sitting on cards for 2+ months makes me wonder if there are some serious operational inefficiencies in the facility.

I have friends who sent cards to PSA last summer who are still waiting for them to come back.

My local card shop does submissions for PSA, they send once a month and usually its 4-5 mo for returns.

BGS I have no idea. I only know people who do walk-through at shows, so it's like $80 or $100/card or something

Its because of this deal with Omega to grade 500,000 junk slabs or whatever, or so I've heard. I want to know when this is all over with so i can start using CGC again (if ever). The only reason why i use them often is the faster turnaround times than PSA.

On 4/8/2024 at 6:33 PM, thestephenh said:

Its because of this deal with Omega to grade 500,000 junk slabs or whatever, or so I've heard. I want to know when this is all over with so i can start using CGC again (if ever). The only reason why i use them often is the faster turnaround times than PSA.

Agreed. If one is going to wait more than 30 days it may as well be for PSA. To truly compete with PSA you need to be faster and equally if not more strict with grades. Unless CGC's goal is to remain niche and be known as junk slabber of Omega stuff.

Edited by MAR1979

Kevin McShame..   great fantastic input.   You rule dude. 

wait a minute . wut ? 

What is this Omega thing with 500k cards ?     Are you serious ?   This place is not going so far as to do that are they to 'flood' the market with CGC ? and put historical submissions people behind that , with junk ? 

This isn't really wuts going on is it ?  If so. it will reverse course on supporting the sports card side of CGC.   This would me off so much I'd need to spend 4k to have all my UFC cards cracked out of CGC holders and regraded with PSA.   

aw

put historical folks here behind some like that ?  last straw after all that relabel stuff.