• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever use Gemini Graded Comic Book Mailers?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

No, but I would rather use free Priority boxes and put the money saved from having to purchase boxes or mailers toward the shipping cost.  Get there faster, better protected, about the same total price.

They are solving a problem that doesn't exist (currently).

I guess you would save a bit on a long distance shipment.  But those are the ones you need the best protection, so still a bad choice.

Let's say a slab gets damaged in one of those, and you put in a claim. Then they want you to bring the cracked slab and the packaging to the post office as part of the claim process.  I don't want to be standing there with a piece of cardboard as the only protection. 

Probably disallow your claim due to insufficient packaging. Basically, it didn't stand a chance of not breaking. I would want to show how I added several layers of protection, and they still broke it.

Lol, I been after Gemini for years to make us some slab mailers, so was pretty excited seing this thread.  But after the above post, I think I'll stick with the Medium Priority boxes...

They may have their uses. Obviously it depends on how you pack, but my 1095 packed slabs frequently come out almost exactly 2lbs on the dot. Some lighter, some heavier. However, even 2.01lbs puts me in the 3lb cost range. That price difference can be upwards of $4-5 depending on the zone it is shipped to. If the Geminis can be reliably shipped under 2lbs, then it may be cheaper to use those in certain instances. Also keep in mind that Priority is more expensive than the new Ground Advantage tier. It's very possible that "free" box is costing you more to ship now.

On 3/9/2024 at 2:20 AM, Tnexus said:

They may have their uses. Obviously it depends on how you pack, but my 1095 packed slabs frequently come out almost exactly 2lbs on the dot. Some lighter, some heavier. However, even 2.01lbs puts me in the 3lb cost range. That price difference can be upwards of $4-5 depending on the zone it is shipped to. If the Geminis can be reliably shipped under 2lbs, then it may be cheaper to use those in certain instances. Also keep in mind that Priority is more expensive than the new Ground Advantage tier. It's very possible that "free" box is costing you more to ship now.

I'm not sure how you are packing, but I can double box with a 1097 inside the 1095 and not exceed 2 lbs.

Priority costs more than GA 100% of the time, no misconception there. But if you set your shipping for $10, which is a median shipping amount, some will be cheaper, some more, averages out. Same if you are doing Free Shipping, price with a shipping budget of $10 on average.

If you are lucky enough to be shipping from the middle of the country (not me), you'll never hit those long distance rates, a big advantage.

You can certainly do it cheaper than Priority, but not much. The buyer will appreciate the difference in the speed and quality of the shipment. It's worth the difference in the impression you make.

If I got a mailer like that, knowing it contains a fragile slab, I would be wondering if it is broken as I am opening it. And even if it wasn't, I wouldn't be ordering from that Seller again.