• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spawn 350 thank you issue
2 2

12 posts in this topic

hey guys, as i understand each of these 'thank-you' covers of spawn 350, that are all ( supposedly )released with todd mcfarlanes signature, will cgc accept these as verified signatures after being slabbed ? even though they didn't witness the signature?

s-l1600 (14).jpg

No, CGC only gives the yellow label if it's witnessed by CGC (including CGC facilitators). In some cases, they do accept signed comics directly from the artist or publisher (according to CGC's sig series page). They do not verify sigs like other companies.

Edited by flchris
clarification from sig series page

If the CGC remains consistent (lol) then the book will receive a blue label with a notation that "Todd McFarlane" was written on the front cover. 

As pointed out by another poster, it will not receive a yellow label. 

This is usually how things are handled when it is widely known that books were signed by the author without a witness/before the yellow label program. Cerebus 1 is an example. 

Here is another example from the Spawn universe...

Let us know what they decide to do! 

cap.jpg

Posted (edited)

It adds value............Todd needs to make up for his companys stuff up  for spawn ( MORTAL KOMBAT COVER  306), oh yeah, only 200 were made, and only 50 were handed out, I've seen the video where he actually states this on youtube, but cant find the video anymore ..........................but apparently 400 have now been thought to have been made. Story here GoCollect Blog: The Cautionary Tale of the Spawn #306 Variant (the-cautionary-tale-of-the-spawn-306-variant )

Dont get me wrong, I love spawn and TODD, I'm just still pi$$ed i payed $2000US for a 9.8 MK 306 cover ( thinking we may have the rarest spawn ever ), now it 's not even worth half that.

Edited by Darthvader23

Send a polite and well structured email to Todd (or his people) w constructive criticism and business advice.  Provide whatever support you think helps you make your point best.

at best he takes it into consideration at worst it’s ignored. No downside