• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
4 4

182 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2024 at 11:50 AM, crassus said:

...you should learn to embrace temptation...its one of the first things the Boards taught me....I think the first thing was to say goodbye to my wallet...or something to that effect... 

I’ll let you talk it out with @lizards2.

I feel like a Geek Disciple caught between two Jedi Masters - one hath a blue sword and the other…?

B|

Posted (edited)

Fantastic Four 99 6.5 (Bright & glossy; all attached, staples clean; mod spine & edge wear, mainly mod cb spine stress; sm cb crse br crnr fc; sm faint cb thumb crse btm edge fc below "W" in "WILD"; 1/4" tear top edge bc; cb thumb crses top & btm edges bc; printer's crses fc & bc; sm stains r-edge fc & lower spine area bc; light foxing interior cvrs; mod to heavy ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $15.00 SOLD

FF-99-fc.jpg

FF-99-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

On 3/16/2024 at 12:01 PM, crassus said:

Fantastic Four 99 6.5 (Bright & glossy; all attached, staples clean; mod spine & edge wear, mainly mod cb spine stress; sm cb crse br crnr fc; sm faint cb thumb crse btm edge fc below "W" in "WILD"; 1/4" tear top edge bc; cb thumb crses top & btm edges bc; printer's crses fc & bc; sm stains r-edge fc & lower spine area bc; light foxing interior cvrs; mod to heavy ink transfer bc; PQ is OW) $15.00

FF-99-fc.jpg

FF-99-bc.jpg

Take

On 3/16/2024 at 3:02 PM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Take

FF 57 and 99 are all yours sir, many thanks indeed :smile:

It looks like this is all I'll be able to do today, my hope is to be back with the last of the books tomorrow, I will do a recap soon. Many thanks to everyone for having a look and I'm very grateful for the buys :smile:

On 3/16/2024 at 11:57 AM, TheComicsPreacher said:

I feel like a Geek Disciple caught between two Jedi Masters - one hath a blue sword and the other…?

B|

I would say you do need to embrace temptation, in that good stuff comes in waves, which does not conform to a short term budget. Strike when the iron is hot, and relax when it is cold.

I use the Paypal credit function (6 months same as cash) to even out the bumps. Currently, there is not much of interest for me on eBay or the Boards, so I am paying off my Paypal credit balance.

On 3/16/2024 at 1:23 PM, lizards2 said:

I would say you do need to embrace temptation, in that good stuff comes in waves, which does not conform to a short term budget. Strike when the iron is hot, and relax when it is cold.

I use the Paypal credit function (6 months same as cash) to even out the bumps. Currently, there is not much of interest for me on eBay or the Boards, so I am paying off my Paypal credit balance.

(worship)

On 3/16/2024 at 11:57 AM, TheComicsPreacher said:

B|

Methinks you're giving both of these cretins more credit than is warranted.:fear:

In all honesty, these two cats get a lot of my money here on these Boards for a reason. And they are both just sitting on mountains of Smaug sized treasure as well!

On 3/16/2024 at 2:14 PM, Kramerica said:

Methinks you're giving both of these cretins more credit than is warranted.:fear:

In all honesty, these two cats get a lot of my money here on these Boards for a reason. And they are both just sitting on mountains of Smaug sized treasure as well!

All three of you have offered sage advice, helpful critiques, and PLENTY of laughs along the way. You guys (oh ya…and those things called comic books) are constant reminders of why I missed the hobby I had left hanging for all too many years…This time - I’m here to stay. 

Whomever sent me this image (can’t remember who now…) had it just about right.

IMG_0059.thumb.jpeg.fb0357cce6486a6dec517447447ebc36.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Thread Recap

It turns out I will have more books to post, but I still need to scan, grade, do my OCD thing on them etc so new books likely Monday or Tuesday. 

In the meantime lots of nice books still available, always happy to consider PM offers, many thanks to everyone for having a look :smile:

PAGE 1

My Greatest Adventure 17 2.0 $20.00

Challengers of the Unknown 28 3.0 $10.00

Heart Throbs 47 6.5 $75.00

Journey into Mystery 91 5.0 $135.00  

Journey into Mystery 95 4.0 $95.00 

Journey into Mystery 99 3.5 $65.00

PAGE 3  

Conan the Barbarian 8 9.0  $65.00

Conan the Barbarian 10 7.5 $25.00

Conan the Barbarian 14 5.0 $30.00  

PAGE 4

Conan the Barbarian 15 5.5 $15.00

Conan the Barbarian 16 6.5 $15.00 

Conan the Barbarian 17 7.0 $15.00

Conan the Barbarian 18 7.5 $15.00

Conan the Barbarian 19 5.5 $10.00  

Conan the Barbarian 23 8.5  $125.00

Fantastic Four 60 5.0 $20.00

Edited by crassus
correction

Girls' Love Stories 25 3.5 (Bright & glossy; all attached, staples clean; presents much better but accumulation of cb wear, especially on the bc, limited the grade; mod to heavy spine & edge wear, incl 1/8" tear top r-edge fc next to "E" in main title; multiple cb & ncb thumb crses/folds all edges fc & bc; mod to heavy cb spine stress; faint partial cb reader's crse fc; cb crses ur & br crnrs fc, and bl crnr bc; full length vertical cb/ncb crse/fold left side bc; dust-shdws r-edge fc and top & btm bc; light tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $40.00

GLS-25-fc.jpg

GLS-25-bc.jpg

Girls' Love Stories 50 4.5 (Bright  with good gloss & reflectivity; all attached, staples clean; mod to heavy spine & edge wear, incl multiple cb thumb crses all edges fc & bc; mod to heavy cb spine stress; faint partial cb reader's crse fc; cb crses br crnr fc; sm water stain bl crnr bc, shows interior cvr but not pages; mod cb & ncb surface wear fc & bc consistent with the grade; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW-W) $35.00

GLS-50-fc.jpg

GLS-50-bc.jpg

Heart Throbs 92 5.0 (Bright & glossy; all attached, staples clean; mod cb spine & edge wear, mainly r-edge fc & btm edge bc; light to mod cb spine stress, mainly visible on the guy's back; cb reader's crse in same area and what determined grade; v sm chip out upper r-edge fc next to issue number; cb crse br crnr fc; cb thumb crse center  btm edge fc just to left of her dress; light to mod foxing & ink  transfer fc & bc, just more visible bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; PQ is OW-W) $40.00

HT-92-fc.jpg

HT-92-bc.jpg

Posted (edited)

Heart Throbs 128 6.0 (Bright & glossy; all attached, staples clean; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly r-edge fc; light to mod cb spine stress; crnr blunting all 4 crnrs, with sm cb crses br fc & ul bc; faint partial cb crse btm r-edge next to the  "!" in "SHOES!"; long cb crse ul crnr bc and what determined grade; sm cb thumb crse top edge bc; light tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is OW-W) $15.00 SOLD

HT-128-fc.jpg

HT-128-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Posted (edited)

Heart Throbs 137 6.0 (Bright & glossy; all attached, staples clean; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly v sm dings & tears top edge bc; light to mod cb spine stress, mainly around top staple; cb impact btm spine; production ink stain top spine; cb crse r-edge fc opposite guy's elbow; crnr blunting with sm crse br fc; sm droplet moisture stains, largest is dime sized, fc and what finally determined grade; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is CR-OW) $12.00 SOLD

HT-137-fc.jpg

HT-137-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Posted (edited)

Heart Throbs 141 8.5 (Bright & glossy; presents better and a mainly single defect book, impact ur crnr leaving faint partial cb crse/fold fc & bc, with only the slightest impressions on interior pages, faint and minor but enough to determine the grade; otherwise wear consistent with a 9.0-9.2; light cb spine stress, mainly left of issue #; sm bindery scuffs; slight crnr blunting; some production ink around area of main title; note: d-stamp ur bc; light tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is White) $45.00 SOLD

HT-141-fc.jpg

HT-141-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Posted (edited)

Falling in Love 128 7.5 (Bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly faint ncb thumb crses top edge & lower r-edge fc and multiple cb thumb crses l-edge bc and what determined grade; light to mod cb spine stress; light to mod foxing fc & mod to heavy bc; mod tanning interior cvrs; PQ is CR-OW) $20.00 SOLD

FiL-128-fc.jpg

FiL-128-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Posted (edited)

Falling in Love 129 6.0 (Bright & glossy; all attached, staples clean; it's a Mylar queen for sure...well maybe more a Mylar princess...presents better with strong colours but an accumulation of cb wear held it back; light to mod spine & edge wear, almost entirely faint vertical cb crses along btm 1/2 of r-edge fc; v light cb spine stress; cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; cb wear with deeper ncb impacts & folds in area of man's shoulder and back, mostly ncb but its there; long cb crse ul crnr bc; note: long printer's-crse along top edge fc & another 2 left edge bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc; PQ is White) $12.00 SOLD

FiL-129-fc.jpg

FiL-129-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Posted (edited)

Ok I will be back with more on the weekend, I think that may be it for the romance  books but you know, never say never, especially with romance. I'd hoped to be back at this sooner already but foolishly volunteered for something at work...forgetting the most important of all rules  when working for an institution, "never volunteer" lol

At any rate many thanks to everyone for having a look :smile:

Edited by crassus