• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feedback is king

27 posts in this topic

Found some more (some guy evidently left the same feedback for every book he bought, and DLC replied to every one with something different). And of couse, it's NEVER their fault. They're not to blame for ANYTHING.

- Took 8 weeks to tell me they NOT going to send it. Got refund. Thanks 4 nothing!

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: book was out of print it was an honest mistake-you're welcome 4 nothing

- Took 7 weeks receive! Slow, yet friendly contact

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: your in the NETHERLANDS slow mail is our fault?????????????????

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: this is why some people won't ship overseas they do nothing but complain

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: talk to your postal service in the NETHERLANDS don't blame us

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: chicago to the netherlands what did you expect next day delivery?????

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: why blame us for your poor postal system?

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: I guess we are now responsible for the Netherlands postal service WTF

- seven weeks after paying still have not received item. no response to my e-mails

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: call us at 800-404-9496 we shipped this right out why leave negative?

Follow-up by micolso: I never received the item. You issued a refund "only" two months after I paid.

- Very

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: why blame us for slow post office delivery???

- Slow Shipping

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: books ship media mail this is a slow delivery option sorry

- Very Slow

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: what did you expect for FREE? they ship via media mail slow

- Very

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: shipping via media mail as stated in description is slow blame the post office

- Item sent 3½ weeks after payment-Replied to 1out of 5 email I sent-Poor service!

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: you are in Australia we are in chicago what do you expect next day delivery?

Follow-up by gmac77: I dont expect next day, but you didn't *despatch* the item until 3½ weeks after.

- Refused to send 3 Comics paid via pay pal - Rich & Laurie aware - screwed me ovr

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: you are total [embarrassing lack of self control]hole we never refused anything

- Refused to send 3 Comics paid via pay pal - Rich & Laurie aware - screwed me ovr

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: this guy is a total as$hole don't belive a word he says

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: he is probably a jealous competitor who did this on purpose

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: tottaly uncalled for feedback by a tool who should know better he got item

one would think his aversion to negative feedback might, just MIGHT, encourage him to improve his *$*ing customer service to avoid getting them in the first place, rather than responding to each one as if he's three years old and spoiled to boot

one would think his aversion to negative feedback might, just MIGHT, encourage him to improve his *$*ing customer service to avoid getting them in the first place, rather than responding to each one as if he's three years old and spoiled to boot

Spoilt would be correct. The first thing that goes when it comes to cutting corners with high feedback sellers is customer service....although there are exceptions, like bobcat.enterprises.

I'm the guy who left the "cavalier" feedback to Dreamland. I wrote about it on another board:

"I did 3 orders with them. The first order contained a dinged Thor Masterwork; it took 10 days for them to ship the books. I was offered the chance to replace the book, but figured it wasn't worth the effort.

Stupidly, I placed two more orders. The second order was missing a book. When I called, they hadn't shipped the third order- they didn't ship that for two and a half weeks, by the way- and they promised to priority mail that order and include the missing book. They did neither; the order took another two weeks to ship, and did not include the missing book.

Figuring I'd just file a PayPal complaint, I left negative feedback for all items in the second and third orders (it only counts as one, and after the broken promises and long delays, I felt it warranted negative feedback) launched a PayPal reversal. I got the following message in my email:

"you must feel really good leaving all those negative feedbacks i will be calling you to discuss this asap.what you did was totally uncalled for and a really jerk off thing to do.

Rich/dreamlandcomics.com"

Figuring I'd head this off, and maybe a polite discussion would head this off, I called the store and left my name and number. I've received no phone call since, but I was told they would no longer be selling comics online after January 1st.

He responded to all of the feedback, but had some weird responses. Go look at the feedback and you'll see what I mean.

"these are COMIC BOOKs not life saving medicine for your sick mother"

"do you think your is the only order we have to process? we do this asap"

"you got all your items and free shipping and complain about 2 week delivery"

"what promise did we break numnerous times you "

"The world will end the world will end it took TWO WEEKS oh my god"

" alert puttz alert it's peanut butter jelly time"

"if this is what ebay has come too let the world end-two weeks and complaints"

"here's one promise we won't break-we willnever sell to you again "

"merry christmas to you too"

"and happy new year"

"wow never saw so much red in my life"

""broken promises, missing books" may make a good hip-hop song huh"

"well at least the Bears are in 1st place and the SOX won the series"

"and the Cubs got Juan Pierre"

"do you wet the bed?"

"Promises promises promises promises promises promises promises promises promises"

(By the way, I politely responded to all the feedback. Even the "wet the bed" comment.)

To this date, they have not responded to the PayPal complaint. In the last month, they have 1795 positive feedbacks- but 98 neutral and 82 negative. While they have a nice person working the phones, I suspect they just don't have the infrastructure to handle the volume of business they're generating with their low discounts. In my opinion, there are better vendors out there."

And they STILL haven't refunded me for a book that I ended up getting else where two months later.

There are other great sellers on eBay- gothamcitycomics and In Stock Trades offer the same service and discounts, but actually deliver the books on time in great shape. They're just not worth it.

Hope that explains everything.