• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feedback is king

27 posts in this topic

So, I left my first real negative feedback today. And I get back an angry e-mail about lawyers and slander, yadda yadda. Sorry the books took 4 weeks to show up, blahblah.

Course, he fails to apologize for the 6-8 e-mails I sent that were ignored, and the missing book in the shipment, and the "toll free customer service" that never gets answered and has a voice mailbox that is chock full.

So, after weeks of no response, I leave bad feedback and BOOM, 90 minutes later I get an e-mail, my first! And, bonus, I get a refund.

It seems that for some, feedback does the walkin on eBay. Everything else is just 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

So, I left my first real negative feedback today. And I get back an angry e-mail about lawyers and slander, yadda yadda. Sorry the books took 4 weeks to show up, blahblah.

Course, he fails to apologize for the 6-8 e-mails I sent that were ignored, and the missing book in the shipment, and the "toll free customer service" that never gets answered and has a voice mailbox that is chock full.

So, after weeks of no response, I leave bad feedback and BOOM, 90 minutes later I get an e-mail, my first! And, bonus, I get a refund.

It seems that for some, feedback does the walkin on eBay. Everything else is just 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Got a link?

My feedback left for others: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...m=-1&de=off

I've pimped dreamlandcomics.com before because they provide great deals on new OGNs and TPBs. But, as you can see from all the negatives, more even since I left mine earlier today, if they manage to screw up an order, they are impossible to reach.

On to DCBS!

That's the thing, I threatened negative feedback via e-mail, and I called to threaten negative feedback, buuuuuut they don't check their e-mail, and no one answered the phone. Its obvious they check and double-check their feedback though. He whipped out lighting fast responses to my negative feedback.

I just love these sellers who answer back to negative feedback with all kinds of threats like "I will sue you for slander", "Get a lawyer, I'm suing!!" and all manner of other idiocy.

I read that and think of a retarded child during a temper tantrum and I would never deal with that type of seller if my life depended on it.

I just love these sellers who answer back to negative feedback with all kinds of threats like "I will sue you for slander", "Get a lawyer, I'm suing!!" and all manner of other idiocy.

I read that and think of a retarded child during a temper tantrum and I would never deal with that type of seller if my life depended on it.

I agree. Any seller leaving responses like that is to be avoided like the plague.

I agree. Any seller leaving responses like that is to be avoided like the plague.

When will people learn that professional responses on eBay go a long way? I got a neutral recently and I didn't freak out and start screaming about lawyers and slander, I just pointed out that the auction said that time was needed for checks to clear.

NOW you tell me. I have had three sets of TPBs on my watch list for about 6 weeks just waiting to get them( I was watching thier auctions becuase someone on another thread reccomended them highly). Well, today I ordered one set and just paid for it about 45minutes ago. I take it I won't be reading these over the Christmas holiday makepoint.gif

My timing is impecable

Heh, if Dreamland tries to bother you with this "slander" stuff, tell him go ahead. If anything it'd be libel, and your best defense against that is the truth.

Not a lawyer here, but a journalist in the Marines.

I've pimped dreamlandcomics.com before because they provide great deals on new OGNs and TPBs. But, as you can see from all the negatives, more even since I left mine earlier today, if they manage to screw up an order, they are impossible to reach.

100 negatives and neutrals in the past month?!?

893whatthe.gif

eBay should have some sort of system in place that automatically suspends a seller when the negative floodgates open like this... regardless of how many postives they have that keep the percentage "acceptable."

Well, he couldn't retaliate. Dreamland has some automatic system set up whereby positive feedback is left for the buyer as soon as you pay.

And I've had probably 5-7 successful orders from them. This was the first that shipped so late, and the first that was was missing a book I ordered. They ship media, so to the guy who ordered from them, expect the books to show around a week after the release date of the books. Despite all the negative feedback in the last month, they still have a 99.6% feedback rating. They obviously don't arse up too often, but when they do, there's just nothing you can do as it is impossible to contact them.

I don't care how enormous your eBay business is, and how much spam your account must get, you gotta check your darned e-mail.

Some of his responses to neutral/neg feedback (not sure why DLC replied to each line separately):

- repeated requests to fix this. SELLER HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! phone number

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: sorry we made a mistake all this over $6.97 book???

- goes to answering machine. had to file complaint with paypal. Still waiting

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: if you want to come work for us feel free to join us otherwise don't complain

- for a reply from seller almost ONE MONTH later. If you sell so much stuff that

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: don't you ever make a mistake? I guess you are perfect right.

- you can't get the orders right, maybe you should get some help or cut back

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: I am glad you know so much about our business to give us hiring advise

- a little and everyone would get better service from it. I am very dissapointed.

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: we accidently left one book out get over it

- Received package with one item missing. Seller has refused to respond to my

Reply by dreamlandcomics.com: we don't refuse to respond how to do you know your emails even got to us?

That should explain the problems everyone has had with them. Immature, reactionary responses.