• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting multiple ages to CGC in same shipping
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I've heard by some that you shouldn't submit multiple ages to CGC in the same submission citing the belief that CGC will grade the older books poorer since they're in the presence of modern, likely better condition books.  Is this true? I have one modern (Captain America 34 Alex Ross variant) I want to submit with my ASM252, SW8, Crisis7, and Web1.  My biggest reason for submitting them together is to save on shipping cost since I only have 1 modern I want graded and would hate to send it by itself for grading.

send them all together, no problem.  Make sure the books are separated by tier.  The tiers will be separated and graded at different times and by (probably) different people, who 1000% don't care what other books you sent in at what tiers.

Note that they won't be sent back together.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:49 AM, Billy Bones said:

Hello, I've heard by some that you shouldn't submit multiple ages to CGC in the same submission citing the belief that CGC will grade the older books poorer since they're in the presence of modern, likely better condition books.  Is this true? I have one modern (Captain America 34 Alex Ross variant) I want to submit with my ASM252, SW8, Crisis7, and Web1.  My biggest reason for submitting them together is to save on shipping cost since I only have 1 modern I want graded and would hate to send it by itself for grading.

That is not true.  Aren't all the books you mentioned part of the modern tier?