• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC for GPK is one of the worst grading that I have seen.
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I understand that their experts know comics but have zero knowledge of any kind of trading card, or sports cards.

Took 7 cards that were 9.0 and above at PSA, wanted to see what the CGC would grade them.  Average was about 6.5 and they removed error status on cards that were double stamped.  

Have them grade comics, just go to Becket or PSA for everything else.

• Administrator

Hello @James Allen Rogers,

Thank you for reaching out to us and providing your feedback. I understand that receiving grades lower than expected can be disappointing. While I cannot speak to the grading scale or grading processes of other grading companies, I can share a little about CGC Cards' grading processes. When your cards are graded, multiple CGC Cards professionals examine every card aided by advanced technology, ensuring the highest level of accuracy and consistency. Each grader enters their grade into CGC Cards’ proprietary system. A consensus is then reached on the final grade of the card and this team effort ensures that the final grade is consistent with our grading scale and processes. TCG and non-sports experts evaluate those types of cards, while sports card experts evaluate sports.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.