• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tips for listing a large amount of books
3 3

28 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2024 at 11:21 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

With comics, that's not a lot of time at all. 3-4 hours, maybe? If that.

150 orders in 4 hours?

That's like under 90 seconds an order. No way. Print a label, package the comic (assuming you have all the comics lined up in order), seal your gemini or whatever.... It takes a few minutes, probably more like 3-5 minutes a package even if you are heavily caffeinated and in a trance, and that's with everything already perfectly prepped up to do this, which should also be factored into your time.

On 3/26/2024 at 4:14 PM, toro said:

lol That's how my sales threads end up.  Sometimes I start off with a big book, then I start adding books that are close at hand and I end up with this random batch of books in no particular order.

That's why I never buy your books! :mad:

:baiting:

J/K. Your threads aren't 12+ page giants and I always look, I just haven't come across anything I need.

:foryou:

On 3/26/2024 at 5:48 PM, the blob said:

150 orders in 4 hours?

That's like under 90 seconds an order. No way. Print a label, package the comic (assuming you have all the comics lined up in order), seal your gemini or whatever.... It takes a few minutes, probably more like 3-5 minutes a package even if you are heavily caffeinated and in a trance, and that's with everything already perfectly prepped up to do this, which should also be factored into your time.

I couldn't process that fast either, and I think I'm pretty organized.

On 3/26/2024 at 5:48 PM, the blob said:

150 orders in 4 hours?

Printing a label from eBay is like 5 seconds assuming you have your listing set up correctly (10oz package weight, 13"x9"x2" package size). It takes less than 30 seconds to package a comic in a Gemini mailer, and maybe 30 seconds more if you're taping the book in-between a cardboard sandwich. Maybe. if the book is more expensive I'll take an extra minute due to the thickness of the cardboard sandwich, but that's just my OCD in wanting it to show up the way it was sent.

3-5 minutes a package? That's slow unless you're packing up larger toys and many comics in the same package, but then again it takes me less than a minute to pack up a single packaged action figure. It's not difficult to do it quickly and safely.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:40 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Printing a label from eBay is like 5 seconds assuming you have your listing set up correctly (10oz package weight, 13"x9"x2" package size). It takes less than 30 seconds to package a comic in a Gemini mailer, and maybe 30 seconds more if you're taping the book in-between a cardboard sandwich. Maybe. if the book is more expensive I'll take an extra minute due to the thickness of the cardboard sandwich, but that's just my OCD in wanting it to show up the way it was sent.

3-5 minutes a package? That's slow unless you're packing up larger toys and many comics in the same package, but then again it takes me less than a minute to pack up a single packaged action figure. It's not difficult to do it quickly and safely.

When was the last time you shipped 150 orders in an afternoon?  

On 3/27/2024 at 11:13 AM, shadroch said:

When was the last time you shipped 150 orders in an afternoon?  

Never, but I've done 100 orders in under 5 hours this year, not under any kind of time crunch. If I was pressed for time I'm sure I could do 150 in 4 hours. It's just the process I use is fast and I've done it for years now, repeatedly, dozens of times a week (at least). This is talking about just single comics or single carded action figures...nothing involved. That is what we were discussing, right? Just want to make sure.

On 3/27/2024 at 10:40 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

We can agree to disagree. Next time you have 50 orders why don't you film yourself packing them up so that we can learn your techniques. I will admit it has been a little while since I had to do close to that in a day and maybe ebay has a better platform now, but if you have people buying multiple items then it isn't 10 ounces anymore (and really it is usually more like 13). And nothing takes 5 seconds. Folks are notoriously bad at keeping a clock in their head as to how long things take, that's my experience as a trial lawyer. Lots of studies on it. And if you have a 5-10,000 item ebay store pulling those sales for packing out of your boxes is going to take time, that is part of the process.

On 3/27/2024 at 10:40 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Paging DR X :shiftyeyes:lol.  I love how anything can turn into a debate on here!