• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC TCG Error Designations
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi There, 

I recently submitted 17 Pokemon cards through for the CGC error designation and the cards have rolled through to G/E/I - and the types of errors labelled for the 17 cards appear to vary a bit even with the same type of error 

Has CGC Anywhere provided a list of possible errors and what the actual definition of said error is? I know Paul S provided a CGC official update in 2022, however given the large amount of errors now recognised, would have though CGC would have a list / glossary somewhere outlining what errors are designated, and what each error actually is? would love if anyone knew / if this has been answered elsewhere 

I have included what my list of errors are - again some are self explanatory, however even with some identical errors, the CGC Error type is slightly different, and would love if CGC had released a glossary or the like! 

Cheers,

Paul

Screenshot 2024-03-26 113135.png

• Administrator

Hello @PaulMango

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can view information about error types that CGC Cards designates here: CGC Cards Error Guide. While this article was originally posted in 2022, we do periodically update the information listed as needed and all the errors should be addressed in the article. Some specifics of how CGC Cards graders identify these errors may be considered part of our proprietary grading processes. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.