• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New slab?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

I just recently got a submission back from CGC modern and I can’t quite put my finger on it but the slabs seem to be different maybe a little bit thicker I know they have not  announced anything that they were changing the slabs but I was just wondering if anybody else has got a shipment back in the last few days and also noticed the change

• Administrator

Hi

We have experienced some holder tampering.  As a result, we have been making some improvements to our holders.  This paragraph was part of the updated announcement.

In addition to our ongoing efforts to prosecute this fraud, we are continuing to make improvements to the security of our encapsulation process. Already, many customers have noticed a significantly stronger seal on our holders. We are currently testing further improvements to the seal along with high-tech solutions that will enhance the security of our process and holders. Watch for updates in the coming months about the specific improvements that we are making.

On 3/26/2024 at 8:34 PM, CGC Mike said:

This paragraph was part of the updated announcement.

How does this CGC announcement make collectors aware who are not on these boards? 

Does CGC make announcements related to these failed/comprised CGC holders on social media platforms such as X, Facebook or Instagram? If so that’s good, if not then how can anyone think you are serious about informing collectors around the world? 

Has CGC warned unknowing collectors that CGC employees were stealing customer books & printing fake labels?