• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

chart of FMV from past years

6 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2024 at 10:31 AM, Peachpit said:

where  can I find FMV thru the years(also what year I cgc'd item..thanks

JIM

GPAnalysis is your huckleberry (see below).  Not sure what you mean by what year I cgc'd item?  When you got a book graded?  You can check out grading info for any book you have the certification number for.

GPAnalysis

Good time to ask this re: GPA. I know they get data from eBay and Heritage, Hakes and ComicLink. But I have heard that they obtain data from other sources. Do they obtain sales data from Dealers? Where else might they get it from? 

I have been checking FMV for my top books (about 200, all raw) every 6 month's since 2015 using eBay "sold auctions" for books in the same grade, I have FMV for my books from 2015-2023.

Just as an example, F.F. 12 (Raw) GD/VG 3.0

2015 $281.00, 2016 $254.00, 2017 $300.00, 2018 $330.00, 2019 $400.00, 2020 $500.00, 2021 $675.00, 2022 $850.00, 2023 $500.00

Even if you cannot find the past stats you are looking for, you can start doing this now to start following market trends.

I am not a member but I think Go Collect shows past sales records for CGC graded books.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:18 PM, Kramerica said:

Good time to ask this re: GPA. I know they get data from eBay and Heritage, Hakes and ComicLink. But I have heard that they obtain data from other sources. Do they obtain sales data from Dealers? Where else might they get it from? 

I know I have personally provided the proper documentation (proof) where I have purchased CGC comics from online dealers and also where I have made private deals with with CGC members on the WTB forum. GPA analysis will accept it if buyers can properly document their purchase. At least this is my experience. 

On 3/29/2024 at 5:11 AM, O Doyle Rules said:

I know I have personally provided the proper documentation (proof) where I have purchased CGC comics from online dealers and also where I have made private deals with with CGC members on the WTB forum. GPA analysis will accept it if buyers can properly document their purchase. At least this is my experience. 

Yeah, just how every responsible collector should be! :preach:

The problem that I see is that every CGC book that I've REALLY wanted I overpaid for. Or maybe I underpaid? What I do know is that it was probably here, MCS, an LCS, HGC. Then I look up the book and think "just how accurate is this FMV"? And is GPA now recording sales from the main competitor to CGC? It just might be completely unreasonable to expect that 50% of the slabbed sales ever make it into their database. As I purchase more PCH and look and haven't seen a sale since 2007 I just wonder.