• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andru OA Questions? Quick help needed....please

30 posts in this topic

My next question is this.....what do I do with it now? smile.gif Do I find the comics and have the OA and printed pages framed together? Frame the art by itself? What do you guys do?

Jim

Cut it into squares and sell them on the internet again

My next question is this.....what do I do with it now? smile.gif Do I find the comics and have the OA and printed pages framed together? Frame the art by itself? What do you guys do?

Jim

Frame the art by itself,...the other way comes off cheesy,..imho.

I agree with KK.....as much as i can't stand the thought... tongue.gif

Getting art framed with the published piece looks nice when it's a cover, but I am not a big fan of doing it with a panel or splash....just my opinion.

Rhino(Steve Welsh) has an piece that was framed with the cover and the published page and looks really nice....but that's expensive and I would only do that in special occassions...

Jim,

I would hold off on framing these pieces. While they are great pages, you might find yourself looking to ligudate them down the line...in say 6 -12 months....you know, trading up for a cover or two....I see it happen all the time.....sometimes the only way to pry something loose, is to offer a distraction (ie. another piece).....I started out with panels, but quickly it's not enough, like going from "uppers" to crack cocaine.....

Jim,

I would hold off on framing these pieces. While they are great pages, you might find yourself looking to ligudate them down the line...in say 6 -12 months....you know, trading up for a cover or two....I see it happen all the time.....sometimes the only way to pry something loose, is to offer a distraction (ie. another piece).....I started out with panels, but quickly it's not enough, like going from "uppers" to crack cocaine.....

I don't agree! The pages are great and look just as good framed as any other art examples... why not show them off and display them so you can enjoy them all the time. Personally, I don't see why you would need to upgrade the page from 176, but that's me. Plus, framing's cheap compared to the art. Dan

Thanks for the ideas, I'll probably frame them on their own then. I can't really see me trading up for anything though. I'm only interested in OA that has the Goblin in it so I'm pretty sure these are the top of the heap for me. The only covers I think that might be nicer, maybe ASM #122 and #136 but I'm guessing that it's gonna take a bit more than a couple of pages to "trade up" smile.gif My limited knowledge of OA, which you guys have been teaching me this past week, would suggest that a #122 cover would probably be a $20,000+ piece.

Jim

Thanks for the ideas, I'll probably frame them on their own then. I can't really see me trading up for anything though. I'm only interested in OA that has the Goblin in it so I'm pretty sure these are the top of the heap for me. The only covers I think that might be nicer, maybe ASM #122 and #136 but I'm guessing that it's gonna take a bit more than a couple of pages to "trade up" smile.gif My limited knowledge of OA, which you guys have been teaching me this past week, would suggest that a #122 cover would probably be a $20,000+ piece.

Jim

1032613-jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.jpg

20K ?

Er try at least 200K

1032613-jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.jpg.3b0e8af163d7e25dad9c0ee3f7251a13.jpg

Jim

1032613-jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.jpg

20K ?

Er try at least 200K

This cover sold for over 60K, and that was a few years ago. So, certainly nearing 100K at this point. But, at this level of price, who really knows?

Best,