• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #1
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2024 at 12:15 PM, TC33 said:

Interesting, I had never tried to pre screen an unlimited value book good to know.  You should just click on the High Value tier and try to submit it that way.  That way you get the pre screen and if they think the final value is too far off based on the final grade they will bump up the price/tier for you after grading (IF it makes your pre screen grade)

Unfortunately High Value doesn't allow prescreen either .... 

On 4/9/2024 at 4:55 PM, Rhymenoceros said:

Unfortunately High Value doesn't allow prescreen either .... 

Sounds like a poor business practice!  Why not allow pre screen on higher dollar books where it matters the most?  The competitors would allow that!  I probably would not take the risk and just submit where I know it would get the 1.0 it deserves but let CGC know they lost your business by not allowing the pre screen grade that makes a huge deal from .5 to 1.0!  (shrug)

Going 1.0 since the Guide says up to 1/4 of the cover can be missing and your interior looks decent, relatively speaking. I wonder if CGC would refuse to encapsulate it, given its fragility.

On 4/10/2024 at 4:04 PM, FSQIV said:

Going 1.0 since the Guide says up to 1/4 of the cover can be missing and your interior looks decent, relatively speaking. I wonder if CGC would refuse to encapsulate it, given its fragility.

That is certainly a possibility...  hm

On 4/12/2024 at 7:54 AM, The Lions Den said:

That is certainly a possibility...  hm

CGC slabs ultra brittle books all the time that when you open them from the slab will literally flake of many small pieces just by holding and or breathing on it (that's why they have the brittle pages designation).  This book does not show even any slight signs of that type of brittleness.  The pages look just fine are supple, the cover is missing large pieces, but is not flecking off small pieces like you see in a brittle cover.  The only thing I would be worried about slightly is the front cover and back cover getting off center either when placed in the slab or after handling/shaking the slab in shipping etc.  To fix this, you should pit a tiny micro piece of tape to hold the very bottom of the back cover to the front and the very top piece that fits well across from the the green .12 cent price area where it says marvel comic group.  This will make the cover look attached instead of getting too far off center from each other and it will present much nicer in the slab. 

Edited by TC33