• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Mark D Bright 1955 - 2024
1 1

8 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2024 at 5:12 PM, Will_K said:

Got this page from a small local show where Mark Bright and Romeo Tanghal were both appearing.  I bought the page from Bright and then got Tanghal to sign it as well.  Tanghal calls out to Bright, "You got a good one again !!" .  RIP Mark D Bright, MD Bright, Doc Bright .

Mark D. Bright and Romeo Tanghal...

A long history of mutal appreciation.

1) In the margin of a GL page I own in my collection (page coming from ED 2 #1), a note from Tanghal back to Kevin Dooley, GL's titles editor of the era :

image.png.24e4e6ec6a1dff47ed354915c0eb47b6.png

2) On Mark Bright's website (about Quantum & Woody at Acclaim -> http://www.mdbright.com/MDBsaysAcclaim.html) :

I lobbied heavily for Romeo Tanghal, who had become my inker of choice because of his work with me on "Green Lantern" at DC Comics and on the latter issues of "Icon" at Milestone Comics to ink "Quantum & Woody".

Fabian and Lynaire wanted to "reinvent MD Bright" by finding a new inker to revamp the look of my pencils. They came up with Greg Adams, whom I had never heard of but the samples of his inking that they sent me were very good.

I had already 'won' the white boots fight so I thought, "What the heck, they use this Greg Adams guy for a few issues after which I point at his work and then Romeo's while saying, "See, I was right !' " I waited too long to make my point though, wishing to "give Greg a fair chance" - by issue #4 he was really doing great stuff and by issue #6 he was really knocking my socks off.

Edited by TheAnonymousOne